• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicBookDB Shutting Down

40 posts in this topic

For many years, I have relied on ComicBookDB.COM  as a resource for artists, covers, etc.  It has been a fantastic resource.  Sadly, they have announced the website is closing on Dec 16th. 

What other Resources is everyone using?

Thanks, Brian

ComicBookDB.thumb.jpg.6023e31ced2f0dcc2c166834ce73b48c.jpg

Edited by lonetree

17 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Really bummed to hear this. I use that site frequently for reference. The Fandom wikis come up easily in Google searches. I guess I will lean on those more. I find the GCD interface unusable.

Yeah, I signed up for a GCD account due to this thread and found the same thing. 

2 hours ago, TwoTone said:

On MCS, when you click on an issue's "Contents" tab, in the top right corner you'll see this: "Data courtesy of the Grand Comic Database" :)

Yeah I know, but im lazy and mycomicshop is a tab i keep open on the phone. Along with the boards here!!!

5 hours ago, TwoTone said:

I've never heard a complaint about the GCD like this. What is it you guys don't like? Not enough variant covers?

I was trying to look at some J Scott Campbell stuff and the links weren't coming up. I'll try playing around with it a bit more.