• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,054 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That wouldn't be farfetched. He fits the mold for an Ant-Man villain.

And with Peyton Reed wanting to direct a Fantastic Four film for a few years, maybe this hints to his next production.

15 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

"Peyton Reed is back to direct the third Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer all return. Kathryn Newton joins the cast as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror."

AntManWasp2.thumb.png.573de977818e8d30748cea6960bd0d2b.png

is there a release date?

Kevin Feige officially announced that the third film in the Ant-Man series will be titled Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

The film will see the returns of Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, and Michelle Pfieffer as Janet Van Dyne. Katheryn Newton will be taking on the role of Cassie Lang, and Jonathan Majors will officially be playing Kang the Conqueror.

Although it was expected that the third Ant-Man movie would dive even further into the Quantum Realm and expand from the first two movies, this announcement is still as exciting as ever. The consensus was that the four main cast members would return to their roles, and hopefully, they would be joined by Luis and crew, but the new cast members are already stealing the show.

Katheryn Newton will become the third actress to take on the role of Cassie Lang, and it will be interesting to find out how long after the events of Avengers: Endgame this will take place as she hopefully becomes a hero in her own right. The rumors of Jonathan Majors playing Kang the Conqueror have also come true, officially introducing one of the most powerful villains in all of Marvel Comics to the big screen for the first time.

This new film should be absolutely monumental along with the rest of Phase 4, and it will undoubtedly be as grand of a finale as expected for the tiniest Avenger.

There is no confirmed release date for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumaina.

Edgar Wright, Marvel's original Ant-Man director, recently reconnected with Kevin Feige for the first time since his departure from the project. When Ant-Man was first put into development in 2006, Wright was attached as co-writer and director. Fans were quite excited for his take on the pint-sized hero, particularly after seeing his work in films like Shaun of the Dead and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. However, Wright exited Ant-Man in 2014 over creative differences, and he's kept away from the world of superheroes ever since. Peyton Reed took over as Ant-Man's director, while Adam McKay and Paul Rudd adjusted the -script Wright wrote with Joe Cornish.

Recently, Wright teamed up with Empire magazine to compile an issue devoted entirely to cinema's greatest moments as a way to honor the theatrical experience at a time when it is in danger. While appearing on Empire's podcast, Wright spoke about Marvel boss Kevin Feige, starting off by saying he hadn't talked to Feige since he left Ant-Man. While he acknowledge that things were "diplomatic" when he left, Wright said he felt there was no reason to get back in touch. However, while going through reader submissions for the Empire issue, Wright realized so many stories referenced the MCU, which prompted him to extend a hello. Wright said:

“I thought it would be disingenuous of me to get through this article without mentioning the ‘M’ word once. So I did what I hadn’t done in six years – I just emailed Kevin. It was a really nice thing, and Kevin was really touched that I’d reached out to him directly and just said, ‘Hey’. Also it was funny after six years of no contact to email him just saying, ‘Kevin, I need you to write something for me, and I need it tomorrow!’ So it was nice, we basically reconnected over this article and it was very sweet. I’m very glad I did it, and I was very happy that his response was so- he was really touched that I had reached out, and I feel what he wrote was great. I told him that I read what he’d said about Aliens to James Cameron, which he said was just wild. So it was nice, it’s a nice happy ending to that story.”

As diplomatic as it might have been, it seems likely that there were some bruised feelings surrounding Wright's Ant-Man exit. That's why it's nice to see he and Feige were able to put things aside in order to reconnect. As Wright said elsewhere in the podcast, the two were friends before the Ant-Man situation. It was certainly disappointing to lose Wright as a director for the MCU, but now both he and Feige can respect each other's work while acknowledging that it just wasn't right for Ant-Man.

‘Ant-Man 3’ Star Accidentally Drops Major MCU Villain Hint

The third film in the Ant-Man franchise will be directed by Peyton Reed, who returns after directing the first two installments. Jeff Loveness is writing the -script and joining Rudd and Lilly are Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer as Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne, respectively. Two new cast members were announced last year — Jonathan Majors as the villain, Kang the Conqueror, and Kathryn Newton as Scott’s daughter, Cassie Lang. Most recently, the movie was looking to cast a new younger leading character.

But, thanks to Lilly — who stars as Hope van Dyne / Wasp — Marvel fans may have just got new information surrounding the return of another Ant-Man villain.

Who’s coming back?

In an Instagram post — which was edited and then most recently deleted — Lilly shared her excitement over both receiving and reading the -script for the upcoming superhero epic. However, fans were quick to notice something odd in the photo caption.

Marvel fans will remember Corey Stoll as the featured antagonist in the first Ant-Man movie where he played Darren Cross / Yellowjacket. However, in a final battle against Lang at the end of the film, he was seemingly destroyed when Lang went subatomic to shrink Cross, presumably killing him. Well, if Lilly’s social media mishap is anything to go by, Cross may not have been destroyed after all.

E15EDrGUUAAw1SL.jpg.cfc4bcbfd3daa69f8bc4c7d86b09580c.jpg

E15EDrDVcAEzKkt.jpg.93490cd15ee9192ce206bf8b4f4b37e6.jpg