• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

WTF
whats his power-to live same day over and over or to annoy psychiatrists till they crack?

On 1/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

Kang's in this movie.  I wouldn't want to be cast as a secondary villain because, you know, Kang will first ridicule and then obliterate you.

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 1/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Kang's in this movie.  I wouldn't want to be cast as a secondary villain because, you know, Kang will first ridicule and then obliterate you.

I would be more afraid of Murray stealing the show.  Almost every role that Marvel has cast has been with an actor that fell into the role.  If they became big or peaked at their stardom it was because of the Marvel role.  I think that Downey Jr peaks with Iron Man.  Hemsworth and Hiddleston become household names due to Marvel. 

Murray might overshadow the role as Antman has never been too serious of a Marvel movie.   When Murray is quirky he seems to only fall into Wes Anderson projects.  When he is in drama he falls into most drama.  When he is comedic, most movie goers go, "YES! BILL MURRAY!"

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/9/2022 at 12:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

I would be more afraid of Murray stealing the show.  Almost every role that Marvel has cast has been with an actor that fell into the role.  If they became big or peaked at their stardom it was because of the Marvel role.  I think that Downey Jr peaks with Iron Man.  Hemsworth and Hiddleston become household names due to Marvel. 

Murray might overshadow the role as Antman has never been too serious of a Marvel movie.   When Murray is quirky he seems to only fall into Wes Anderson projects.  When he is in drama he falls into most drama.  When he is comedic, most movie goers go, "YES! BILL MURRAY!"

I agree - it will be interesting to see how he's cast and used.  Rudd's very good playing off other comedians, so I'm sure the hope will be he holds his own, even if there's a ton of Murray in this movie.  But it does risk falling into too much comedy.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

Bill Murray is great in other movies that aren't straight comedies, not just Wes Anderson films. He was pretty good in Lost in Translation and was perfect as Bunny Beckinridge in Tim Burton's Ed Wood. Bill Murray seems like perfect casting for Ant-Man 3 as it's more on the humorous side of the MCU, kinda the way Jeff Goldblum really worked in Thor Ragnarok.

m
Captain-Marvel-Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp_.jpg
'Captain Marvel' and 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Disney/Marvel

The Marvels and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania have swapped release dates. Both Disney/Marvel films are moving along very nicely, we hear, but the Ant-Man sequel is further along in the production process, and it was a simple decision by the studio to swap the release dates.

Ant-Man 3, previously dated for July 28, 2023, now goes four months earlier on February 17.

Captain Marvel sequel The Marvels, previously on that February date, now goes to July 28 next year.