• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Incentive Variants that are "Ghosts"/NO WHERE to be found
3 3

69 posts in this topic

Would love to look at some of your incentive variants that you really like and that are/can be considered "ghosts" ( possibly under 5 or 10 copies in highest grade/with low numbers on the CGC census? Or never listed on e bay/no where to be found, etc.).

Show off your hard to find books  (if you want lol). Doesn't have to be super expensive, but should be an incentive= 1/10, 1/25, 1/50, etc.

Here's mine that I'm so effin fond of! Also, I'm curious if anyone has this one ungraded or have ever came across it. It is never listed on e bay. Came out in 2013...a 1/50!! Really like the C.A. Mike Allred cover. There's only one other one graded. So, this is 1 of 2 copies graded, so far. I would say that qualifies as a ghost

:headbang: Thanks for looking and looking forward to looking at yours.

!!!!2019-07-09_1921597.jpg.e9ca3cc17245fd168dc6710eb12d0255.jpg

Edited by prt

8 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Having under 10 copies on the CGC census just means people dont give acrap about slabbing it. Doesnt mean the book is a ghost.

yes, but it also can mean they are hard to find variants... and that is what I'm talking about. Ps- I  give acrap hahah, that's what we/I'm here for and made this topic for...to look at people's hard to find variants, that they like, and that I do or don't know about. (thumbsu

Edited by prt

1 hour ago, prt said:

yes, but it also means they are hard to find variants... and that is what I'm talking about. Ps- I  give acrap hahah, that's what we/I'm here for and made this topic for...to look at people's hard to find variants, that they like, and that I do or don't know about. (thumbsu

A book's true "rarity" with regards to its census numbers, is indeed not tested until the book has some kind of pop in price.  

-J.

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

A book's true "rarity" with regards to its census numbers, is indeed not tested until the book has some kind of pop in price.  

-J.

C'mon J, let them have their post . . . we let you proclaim your books to be the rarest ever. :sumo:

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

They have to be available for sale first. Then they can be sold.

The Red She Hulks are good ones. Don’t see those in the wild very often.

Edited by ygogolak

12 hours ago, BishopT said:

Sticking to the ratio variant idea (no store or DF exclusives etc), These are my favorites:

62A3D894-F1F4-489B-9727-86F976482231.jpeg

7191B0A6-882F-417F-B668-D130E2F54A47.jpeg

EAA78BFC-56A6-40A7-8A70-27DCE2EB4C8B.jpeg

Awesome ones! Going to grade the #19? I have that IVX 2, too, that was a 1:50 I think, Adams cover!

I was going to put this one, but didn't because I sold it...but here it is anyway heh

20190727_210346_resized.jpg.360932ccf89fa4b4ec5bbd88cad043d7.jpg

I only began buying the odd incentive variants lately owing to having to get to the LCS early during the HoX/PoX run because the books were selling quickly and getting there early meant  that the incentive variants were still hanging around.

I will only buy them if the premium ratio over reg cover isn't too bad, I like the art and/or I think it is an important book.  I  have both the 1/100 variants for HoX and PoX and the 1/25 and 1/50 for PoX, some 1/50 and 1/100 for a couple of the DoX titles.  I bought a couple of Dell'Otto covers because I like the art.

Price wasn't bad, 2x-5x reg cover.  Since those books were heavily printed, they should at least maintain a reason premium over the regular covers since their print runs are a fraction of the regular run.  I have no idea if these books will ever be that highly sought after, but that is irrelevant because I will pretty much have them for a while.  Unless the X reboot tanks down the road and Marvel gets desparate and undoes everything Hickman did, I believe these are important books in the X men continuity.