• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

227 posts in this topic

Shared by the Film & Television Industry Alliance (FTIA), the synopsis for Folie à Deux reads:

"The musical sequel follows Harley Quinn the Arkham Asylum shrink who falls in love with her patient Arthur Fleck aka Joker."

The production listing also states that the Joker sequel is currently slated to begin filming in less than one month's time on Nov. 5.

Loved the first Joker. Love the character of The Joker- he might be one of my favorite villains. I was actually thinking about this movie the other day and how when it came out I was having one of the worst mental health spirals of my life. Since then I've overcome a lot of things but it definetely made me cry when I watched in the theater. 

On 3/23/2023 at 12:03 AM, Scarlet Veronica said:

Loved the first Joker. Love the character of The Joker- he might be one of my favorite villains. I was actually thinking about this movie the other day and how when it came out I was having one of the worst mental health spirals of my life. Since then I've overcome a lot of things but it definetely made me cry when I watched in the theater. 

I did feel quite sorry while watching the film for someone in his situation having to deal with social support and medication being suddenly withdrawn, and the extreme rebound effect of the latter. Never a good idea.

Can't tell if it's lip fillers, puckering her lips, or both...either way I hate fish face...and ironic considering the stance lady gaga has taken for the bulk of her career (not conforming to social norms).

I hope I'm proven wrong but this feels doomed to disappoint, the first one was just tooooo good. 

That said, props to her successful crossover with a star was born. 

I would really like to see how one gets out of Arkham without Dr. Quinn or Amanda Waller. I want to know if the villains escape by incompetent security or incompetent psychologists. I suppose the latter is precisely Joker's story here, though differently to how I imagine other villains would be capable of manipulating their doctors to escape.