• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spanish Artists- Show -em off!
5 5

243 posts in this topic

If you like the David Roach book, you should also have the Diego Cordoba book:

IQSpanish1FC-L.jpg

To some extent I prefer this book.  While the Roach book provides a comprehensive but shallow overview of all of the artists, Cordoba drills down on the most prominent of them.  It's too bad it's only available in softcover (it's a special issue of Illustrators magazine).

Cordoba should do a follow-up for Skywald.

Edited by Taylor G

4 hours ago, Taylor G said:

IQSpanish1FC-L.jpg

To some extent I prefer this book.  While the Roach book provides a comprehensive but shallow overview of all of the artists, Cordoba drills down on the most prominent of them.  It's too bad it's only available in softcover (it's a special issue of Illustrators magazine).

This book looks interesting. Is it hard to come by?

6 hours ago, Taylor G said:

IQSpanish1FC-L.jpg

Yep.  This is another great resource!  So good, they had to print it twice! (thumbsu

On 11/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, porcupine48 said:

Will do!Just wondering if the book goes into that work at all.I already would like one,just like talking shop!

Here's a Heritage swiped image

5933999%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

It does.  There are covers for Delta 99 and several other comic books in there.  I have to say, it's like a blizzard of information on these many Spanish fantasy artists.  Hard to take in all at once!  

17 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

I only have a few Esteban Maroto pages, but when he was at his peak, he was truly incredible. This one is twice up and barely fit in my scanner, so sorry for the blurry top edge. 

78A1227D-7841-4A45-AA54-77FFD5063FD8.thumb.jpeg.71375b6139649592b23b56ca65b21046.jpeg

Outstanding!  This is why I am so hooked on the mags.