• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spanish Artists- Show -em off!
5 5

243 posts in this topic

Ok, I had this typed out after the last one and I deleted it, because who am I, an art critic?

But after this one, I just gotta say it--I think he's better at drawing the settings and trappings of the scene than he is at drawing Vampi herself.

And I don't say that because she looks bad in this pic--in fact, she looks as good here as she ever has--but that background is uh. MAY. Zing.

The skulls and brickwork in the last one were amazing too--but I thought Vampi's facial expression was a little weird.  And there was something weird about her butt in the triple sketch on the previous page, especially in her last image.

But man, he's mastered pencil textures for those backgrounds!

On 8/2/2022 at 10:05 PM, Axe Elf said:

And there was something weird about her butt in the triple sketch on the previous page, especially in her last image.

What's wrong with it?

10CCE4C9-D107-40BB-9A0B-A9F3BFB67061.thumb.jpeg.6253ae2a8acf04d243090fbd55dd4d37.jpeg

This might get me banned, but I'd take an Enric gal over one of Frazetta's any day. Frazetta women scare me. There, I said it. :sumo:... :bigsmile:

On 8/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, Artifiction said:

What's wrong with it?

Seems like her butt is "taller" in the third pic than in the first, was what caught my eye.

Like the "cheek curve" from thong to cheek bottom is about half the distance in pic 1 as it is in pic 3.

On 8/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, Axe Elf said:

Seems like her butt is "taller" in the third pic than in the first, was what caught my eye.

Like the "cheek curve" from thong to cheek bottom is about half the distance in pic 1 as it is in pic 3.

So do you prefer the “clenched or unclenched” mode?  :juggle:

On 8/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, Stevemmg said:

So do you prefer the “clenched or unclenched” mode?  :juggle:

Heh, guess I never really considered muscle tension...  Do you think that's the difference in the sketches?  She's holding in a stinky in the third one?

On 8/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, Stevemmg said:

Enric painted several exceptional Vampirella covers that do not include the Drakulonian at all. The #35 cover has always been intriguing with the evidence of what has happened all there for you to see, as she beckons you, you’re compelled, but nervous about her intentions. The great image makes you need to know more. I commissioned this pencil recreation some years ago. 

53B824CE-0A01-4EE5-B852-AE077FD05AEC.thumb.jpeg.16547d3af0c122600bab7fcf030e5825.jpeg

So impressed with all of these. Just curious- since I have zero knowledge in this area- did you reach out to the artist? Was there a way to “order” such sketches? Won by auction? 

On 8/6/2022 at 12:55 PM, stippy52 said:

Enric for sale

I hope they get it. Stevey Boy would be sitting on a fortune

That’s an odd one. I remember that selling in the Heritage European auction for a triple record price, which was odd as it wasn’t a published piece. Then it’s been out there for sale almost since it was purchased at a price that probably won’t be attainable for awhile, but I guess who knows. 

On 8/7/2022 at 8:30 AM, Stevemmg said:

Today’s piece will wrap it up until I have new Spanish art pieces to share. I have pictures of a couple of others up that I traded, but I’m going to leave those out for anyone else who has them now might want to share the images. My collection pales by comparison to many others out there. 

This piece is right up there among my favorites, and some days, the top of the list. I hope Darkga might want to pick up from here, as I know he’s got some great Spanish pieces. 

46968654-79CC-429D-B5AD-7010322754D1.thumb.jpeg.2afbf3fcbe7e23a8f3f3f2e44abc371e.jpeg

320DF76F-1235-4EFB-A6B4-EE19D5671D86.thumb.jpeg.8ea451ee6c3efaad5816709ed60141d5.jpeg

Incredible 

On 8/7/2022 at 8:30 AM, Stevemmg said:

I hope Darkga might want to pick up from here, as I know he’s got some great Spanish pieces.

You rang? :shiftyeyes: I have a few things I posted in other threads, but I can post them over here too just in case. Let me see...

Fantastic piece, and a classic Enric image. When I see this piece it always seems so familiar, as though he may have done something else with that reference photo, or maybe published as a paperback or some other media in the US. Thanks for the added info on the paint over areas, that makes good sense. :luhv: