• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman in the Copper Age
4 4

137 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool!

Who's batman kissing? Not too familiar to me :shy:

He’s locking lips with Nocturna. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturna_(DC_Comics)

I’m not all that familiar with her myself, yet. I’ve heard goods things about her on this thread thou.

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

18 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Happy Birthday to me!

954BD54F-691C-4913-8FBD-233DC3D3F128.thumb.jpeg.8ac1ce76bb0d690905d804c611841643.jpeg

Is that the one that was on the 'Bay last week? I was going to go hard after it as I have the 3 Batman books from this arc in 9.8, but decided to hold off as I had other stuff coming up at the same time. Beautiful book and the wrap looks really great. Congrats!

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Is that the one that was on the 'Bay last week? I was going to go hard after it as I have the 3 Batman books from this arc in 9.8, but decided to hold off as I had other stuff coming up at the same time. Beautiful book and the wrap looks really great. Congrats!

Thank you!

Yes it’s the one from the ‘Bay.

The book went for more than I had anticipated but I’m glad I fought hard for it. 

I was also going for this beauty from the same seller but once the price went past $70 I decided I wanted the #556 more. 

1048A261-15DB-4099-B857-7C6FE9427966.thumb.jpeg.1e44c8004db7ee1bd504996afc80474e.jpeg

There are some great Detective covers in this era. 

On 12/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes. We're starting to see significant yellowing on books from 1988-up, while 1982-1987 books are in better shape. Compare a Batman #428 with a Batman #360. Crisis on Infinite Earths is a great example: most copies are still very white, because the paper was of much higher quality. But you get into the late 80s, and you're starting to see interior pages taking a beating. Compare the interior quality of an ASM #316, for example, to a #275. Night and day.

The same thing's happening with covers. The garbage stock that the publishers used starting in 1992 is starting to rapidly deteriorate. Pull out a copy of Wonder Woman #72, and odds are, it's going to show tanning, unless it was stored in Reynold Jay's freezer.

Interesting.  It makes me glad that I made the decision to store all my comics in mylites (that is, thin mylar) back in the early 1990s.   That, plus the buffered backing boards, tight packing, and low humidity seems to have left them in really good shape.  By now, I would have changed those poly bags about 7 or 8 times now.

Hi,

Question:  Until seeing this topic I  considered pre-Crisis issues of Batman Bronze and Post Crisis Copper.   Is that totally wrong?  If so what is the estimate cut-off issue # speaking of Batman and Detective.

Edited by MAR1979