• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many engineers do we have here?

116 posts in this topic

I wonder if we even come close to outnumbering the lawyers on these boards. grin.gif

For starters, what school did you graduate from, and what is your field of expertise?

I graduated from the University of Illinioise at Chicago in 1994, and I'm a Civil/Hydraulics Engineer.

Tennessee Tech '86

Civil/Environmental

and if anyone wants to mess with the pocket-protector brigrade.....just remember whose watching over your water supply right now. We control the horizontal, the vertical, etc. even the damn "dams". insane.gif

My guess is the lawyer:engineer ratio is 2:1 smirk.gif

Myself: University of new Haven

Civil

hi.gif

(In fact, studying for PE exam right now tongue.gif)

I passed mine a few years ago. If you're taking the water resources exam, make sure to study plenty of environmental engineering. Most questions will deal with both hydraulics and environmental issues. Plus, make sure to take the latest Lindeberg edition book (I believe the 9th) with you to the exam. It's a lot of help if you're trying to find sample examples or formulas.

One of the things I like about engineering is that you don't have to deal with the general public on an every day basis. Of course, they make up for it when you hold a public hearing to discuss the project improvements. They'll wait until your hungry and tired and then start complaining about increased traffic and noise, closing ramps, flooding, higher taxes, fair amount of work for the community, etc. At the end of the day you feel like a vegetable. Then, you have to go back to the office and change you're whole design again. foreheadslap.gif

I passed mine a few years ago. If you're taking the water resources exam, make sure to study plenty of environmental engineering. Most questions will deal with both hydraulics and environmental issues. Plus, make sure to take the latest Lindeberg edition book (I believe the 9th) with you to the exam. It's a lot of help if you're trying to find sample examples or formulas.

Thanks for the advice!

I do have the latest Lindebrg (it is the 9th) right by my side at the moment - where it's been for the past month - 27_laughing.gif

I will be taking the structural depth exam in the PM, though.

two and a half months to go......

Thanks for the advice!

I do have the latest Lindebrg (it is the 9th) right by my side at the moment - where it's been for the past month - 27_laughing.gif

I will be taking the structural depth exam in the PM, though.

two and a half months to go......

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Structural!! Oh no, don't tell me you have the SE exam to look forward to. frustrated.gif

Chalk one more up for the engineers.

University of Colorado, Boulder

Go Buffalos yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Architectural Engineering (Structural emphasis) B.S. 1989

Maybe you should start a poll. Maybe the engineers and lawyers could vote, once each to see where we stand. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Of course you know the lawyers will vote from work as well, and maybe from their girlfriends high end apartment, and then again from their wife's computer and maybe even the kids. sorry.gifflowerred.gif

I'm also looking to hire another civil/structural engineer (EIT or newer P.E), so anyone that is interested in living in alaska and making a decent salary, go ahead and pm me.

I'm a hard arse to work for, but we could trade old comics during lunch.......kidding.

Not about the job........

I'll give hints.

It's not pictured in the Gerber, but the title is.

It's not an expensive comic.

I'd shout it out to you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Does that ring any Belle's?

(4 hints should be more than enough to figure it out)

I'll give hints.

It's not pictured in the Gerber, but the title is.

It's not an expensive comic.

I'd shout it out to you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Does that ring any Belle's?

(4 hints should be more than enough to figure it out)

Since I'm stumped, I'll let someone else figure it out.

I hate the fact that I'm still novice when it comes to most GA books. makepoint.gif