• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many engineers do we have here?

116 posts in this topic

Where are the sanitation engineers or the custodial engineers? Don't be shy

I started my career on the wrong end of a shovel(for those uneducated in ditch-digging, there is no right end to a shovel) and worked my way up to the "man, with the plan". thumbsup2.gif

So many engineers ( custodial or others) .No wonder you guys can afford to purchase alot of quality books. grin.gif

Engineers make decent money? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

It's taken me quite a while to get to the point where I'm being paid screwy.gif money for being an engineer. yay.gif

I hope all engineers find their niche and get paid enough to justify the risk they are subject to with all their designs and decisions. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think engineers have a pretty good future as there is definately upward pressure on salaries....and finding good people.

juggle.gif

So many engineers ( custodial or others) .No wonder you guys can afford to purchase alot of quality books. grin.gif

Engineers make decent money? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

It's taken me quite a while to get to the point where I'm being paid screwy.gif money for being an engineer. yay.gif

I hope all engineers find their niche and get paid enough to justify the risk they are subject to with all their designs and decisions. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think engineers have a pretty good future as there is definately upward pressure on salaries....and finding good people.

juggle.gif

I agree with this. Until I gained enough experience and found my niche, I was making peanuts for the first 5 years after graduation.

I will be attending Colorado State University to finishing my Engineering degree hopefully. I quit after getting an associates a 2 years ago due to financial reasons and then never bothered going back, but now the job is covering it so I have no excuse left. Going for Electrical Engineering btw.

I will be attending Colorado State University to finishing my Engineering degree hopefully. I quit after getting an associates a 2 years ago due to financial reasons and then never bothered going back, but now the job is covering it so I have no excuse left. Going for Electrical Engineering btw.

Good Luck!

My Dad and my bro are both EEs

As a friend of mine says "You can't spell GEEK without EE" thumbsup2.gif

There are jobs with high starting salaries waiting for you in Alaska.

I was told to apply for a six figure job in Barrow after I finished my Avionics degree smirk.gif I was just not too keen on the idea of 2 weeks of sunshine followed by 2 weeks of darkness

I was told to apply for a six figure job in Barrow after I finished my Avionics degree smirk.gif I was just not too keen on the idea of 2 weeks of sunshine followed by 2 weeks of darkness

It's a little closer to 6 months of sunshine followed by 6 months of darkness!

Most people can deal with the sunshine part. The darkness is a different story.

Two weeks on two weeks off is a typical work schedule up there, whether it's

dark or light.

A Barrow (full time job) would take some getting used to. I wouldn't want to live up there full time.

A North Slope Job with one of the Oil companies 2 on 2 off is more the way to go if you're single. If you're married, it's a tough haul.