• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Search Engine Working!

17 posts in this topic

Dear Customers,

It has come to my understanding that the search engine on my site has not been working. My webmaster has fixed the problem and it is now functioning properly. I apologize if this has caused any inconvenience for you. In the next few months I will be unveiling the next generation of the Metropolis Collectibles website and it is my hope that the new site complete with dozens of new improvements will better serve your collecting needs. I realize you have many choices for filling your collection. Your business is never taken for granted and each order, regardless of size is greatly appreciated. I, as always, thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo

COO

Metropolis Collectibles, Inc.

gossip.gif When you upgrade, allow us to search all books by price (for my $100,000 club list) and allow us to search by "newest listed" so that I can just bookmark a few searches to know exactly what you have that's new that I might be interested in. For a perfect business case, I already have "newest books in X category" bookmarks with several of you competitors. I hit them almost daily. Your site I hit MUCH less often- thirty or sixty times less often and even then it's a frustrating experience as I have no reference to know what I might not have seen before. Since you have a much larger inventory than all of them (combined) I think we can all agree the added functionality would make your site the FIRST and not the last for me to check...

That didn't take long. Welcome back to General.

Not back. As I've mentioned on the blog, I sometimes catch threads as "newest posted" (Ian finishing his collection being one example.) That was the case here and since it's for my own enjoyment of the forums, and not as some sort of "statement," that I don't browse/post up here I've got no problems adding my two cents in a situation like this. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've also clicked through for the chicago con threads.

Not back. As I've mentioned on the blog, I sometimes catch threads as "newest posted" (Ian finishing his collection being one example.) That was the case here and since it's for my own enjoyment of the forums, and not as some sort of "statement," that I don't browse/post up here I've got no problems adding my two cents in a situation like this. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, that's enough from you, play time is over! Get to work on a full Chicago report (with pictures) for your blog.

popcorn.gif

gossip.gif When you upgrade, allow us to search all books by price (for my $100,000 club list) and allow us to search by "newest listed" so that I can just bookmark a few searches to know exactly what you have that's new that I might be interested in. For a perfect business case, I already have "newest books in X category" bookmarks with several of you competitors. I hit them almost daily. Your site I hit MUCH less often- thirty or sixty times less often and even then it's a frustrating experience as I have no reference to know what I might not have seen before. Since you have a much larger inventory than all of them (combined) I think we can all agree the added functionality would make your site the FIRST and not the last for me to check...

I also asked Vincent for this feature at the Wizard World Long Beach, and he was very against it. He felt it took away from people looking at the whole site. I disagree, since by looking at newest listed I see alot of books I wouldn't normally look at anyways. Example: I look at the Superman books everytime I go to thier site. Say I see a Brave and the Bold that strikes me or a war comic with a great cover by looking at the newest listed, I may be exposed to a title or book I would not have been inclined to look at otherwise.

Maybe if enough of us tell Vince that it's what we want, he may change his mind shy.gif

Ok, that's enough from you, play time is over! Get to work on a full Chicago report (with pictures) for your blog.

popcorn.gif

Later tonight, hopefully. It's on my to-do list, I just have a to-do list that's still 9 items long and it's already 5:00. frustrated.gif

Later tonight, hopefully. It's on my to-do list, I just have a to-do list that's still 9 items long and it's already 5:00. frustrated.gif

Welcome back to Comics General Rob! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Welcome back to Comics General Rob! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Don't get to excited. We already covered that and he's not "back". frown.gif

I also asked Vincent for this feature at the Wizard World Long Beach, and he was very against it. He felt it took away from people looking at the whole site. I disagree, since by looking at newest listed I see alot of books I wouldn't normally look at anyways. Example: I look at the Superman books everytime I go to thier site. Say I see a Brave and the Bold that strikes me or a war comic with a great cover by looking at the newest listed, I may be exposed to a title or book I would not have been inclined to look at otherwise.

Maybe if enough of us tell Vince that it's what we want, he may change his mind shy.gif

To give two specific examples of other sites; because of the frequency of their updates I look, every day, at Pedigree and Comiclink's newest CGC books. EVERY DAY.

I look at Metropolis' site when I'm looking for a specific book. That's still pretty often, but if I could see what's new, I would visit as often as I felt that they updated. What's more, I wouldn't just be searching and seeing my specific search results, I would be exposed to ALL of their newest content.

Also, and this is just as important, because I can see what's new, I post links to new Pedigree and CL books ALL the time on my blog. I'm more than happy to as it's no brainer content. Metro misses out on that as well...

I could go further into depth about the benefits of giving power users tools to craft their own experience, but then this post would start to seem a lot like work.

I also asked Vincent for this feature at the Wizard World Long Beach, and he was very against it. He felt it took away from people looking at the whole site.

Well why even bother with a web page? A web page must keep people from reading the catalog, and we wouldn't want that. insane.gif

Yea, good logic from Vincent there. Lets make it harder for people to find what they want. After all, that's what a web page is for.

I agree on a NEWEST search button. Works great on Comiclink and Dougs site.

With ao many books at Metropolis its IMPOSSIBLE to know what you have or havent looked at before. Vinnie, if you feel it would detract from the newbies enjoyment or usage of the site, then just hide this function to those of us here at CGC who visit often, but wuld certainly search MUCH more often if we could just see what was added each week/day/hour/minute we choose to check out.

I agree that a "recent acquisitions" search would benefit the site greatly. Right now I visit maybe once a week, and I only search for Nedor titles. If I could look at recent acquisitions, I'd peruse them all, and probably on a daily basis, as I do CL.

I would definitely be exposed to more of Metro's inventory than I currently am.