• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PARADISE LOST (2025)
1 1

13 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

"So, you have a new movie idea for me, that will keep everyone off our butts for not developing The Flash and Green Lantern?"

"Yes sir I do! It'll be super easy - barely an inconvenience!"

"Go on..."

"Wonder Women who aren't Wonder Woman."

:sick:

Maybe. Just maybe. You are jumping the gun before we have any real details? (shrug)

Happy Monday. :insane:

Wonder Woman 1984: Patty Jenkins Talks Olympics Flashback, Spin-Offs And Sequel Ideas

wonder-woman-1984-olympics-excl.thumb.jpg.5fc8b45abd376510e44c0fb57e3f4d36.jpg

“What I love about the Amazon Olympics is everything that we got to really celebrate in the first movie,” filmmaker Patty Jenkins tells Empire in the Big-Screen Preview issue, out Thursday 9 July. “Here are these people who are incredibly powerful and capable, but different in how they approach things. If you’ve ben training for hundreds of years because of an impending invasion, you’re going to be constantly working on all these skill sets. So, to me, every year, they would have these Olympics to see who’s doing the best on horses or swimming the fastest, and seeing new tricks people have figured out.”

If it seems unlikely that the adult Diana will ever return to Themyscira, there are plans to revisit it elsewhere. Jenkins mentioned that an animated series focused on the Amazons is being considered, as is an Amazon spin-off film that would be “part of the in-world story of Wonder Woman”. And, of course, the filmmaker has ideas for a third Wonder Woman movie with Gal Gadot.

“You’re enjoying the movie you’re making and also reflecting on what could be different or better in the [real] world. And therefore what story you want to tell,” she says. “That’s the greatest thing to me about superhero stories. You’re able to have a dialogue about what a hero would be right now. So yes, I have ideas for what I’d like to say, and Gal does too.”

Edited by Bosco685

While Wonder Woman 1984 was originally supposed to be out by now, multiple changes to the release plan will see the sequel arrive in theaters and on HBO Max this Christmas. This will give audiences a chance to see what Jenkins has created for the sequel, and she is far from done with the franchise. She's already confirmed she has a story in mind for Wonder Woman 3, but there have also been talks of an Amazon spinoff. Jenkins has discussed the possibility of the spinoff in the past, which she would be involved in but not direct. At the time, all she would reveal is that it would come before Wonder Woman 3.

In a new interview with Geek Magazine (via Reddit user FewWatermelonlesson0), Jenkins was asked about how the Amazon-focused spinoff will connect to the ongoing Wonder Woman franchise. She confirmed that the movie picks up after the events of Wonder Woman but contains twists about what happens between Wonder Woman 1984 and Wonder Woman 3. The project is still not officially announced, though, but Jenkins is hopeful that it happens.

"This is a story that Geoff Johns and I came up with and then introduced to [Warner Bros.]. The events of this story take place after Diana leaves Themyscira, the Island of the Amazons, and there are some twists and turns linked to what will happen between Wonder Woman 1984 and Wonder Woman 3. The production of the project has not yet officially started, but I hope we get it because I love this story."

The Amazon Wonder Woman spinoff having ties to the plot of Wonder Woman 1984 and Wonder Woman 3 could be revealing. We know that Wonder Woman 1984 will feature Themyscira in some capacity, but the trailers have indicated this will all happen with flashbacks to Diana's days as a child. If the spinoff focuses on the island after she's left, though, then it might still be relevant to the plot of the franchise in the future. Diana can't return to Themyscira currently due to her decision to leave, but will that change? Wonder Woman 3 could see her reunite with her people to take on a larger threat or protect Themyscira from a new enemy.

The HBO Max-exclusive series is described as a Game of Thrones-style take on Wonder Woman's home of Themyscira, which will dive into the politics and relationships among its all-female society.

"This is a Game of Thrones-type story about the atmosphere of Paradise Island, home of the Amazons and the birthplace of Wonder Woman," Gunn said during a presentation unveiling the slate to reporters. "And this involves all the darkness and drama and political intrigue behind this society of only women. It's an origin story of, how did this society women come about? What does it mean? What are their politics like? What are their rules? Who's in charge? What are all the games that they play with each other to get to the top? I think it's a really exciting thing."