• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK starring Tom Cruise (2020)
4 4

465 posts in this topic

Hold on to your drinks and prepare for a flyby that you won’t soon forget. With high octane aerial acrobatics that will take your breath away and a story that elicits laughs and tears, Top Gun: Maverick is Mach 10 marvelous. Directed by Joseph Kosinski, this exhilarating and damn-near flawless sequel is monumentally greater than its predecessor. From its storytelling and progression to its camerawork and acting, this film is better in every way. Even while teeming with hits of nostalgia, be it pictures, music, dialogue, or mirrored scenes and characters, this next-generation narrative forges its own while it pays respects to the past. In fact, if you haven’t seen the original, worry not, because this shiny new fighter jet is cultivated in such a way that you only need to know that the original exists. You could easily return to Top Gun and watch it as a prequel. As Memorial Day and Father’s Day are rapidly approaching, this is the perfect movie to recapture the joys of yesteryear and celebrate today. Treat yourself and those you love to one of the most outstanding action films of all time.

Pace & Pop
I don’t think the film could’ve been paced any better. Immediately grabbing your attention with a little bit of nostalgia and a whole lot of speed, once it has you, it doesn’t let go. Perfectly balancing heart, humor, and thrills, the film itself has the emotional components of a ride in a jet. What popped for me was the thrilling cinematography. The way they are able to capture the various impressive abilities of the jets and what it’s like in the cockpit is incredibly immersive.

Characters & Chemistry
Starring: Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Charles Parnell, Bashir Salahuddin, Monica Barbaro, Jay Ellis, Danny Ramirez, Greg Tarzan Davis, with Ed Harris

The chemistry between this cast is some of the best that you will see this year. Tom Cruise’s charm, charisma, and magnetism as Maverick are alive and well 36 years later. The chemistry between Cruise’s Maverick and Penny (Jennifer Connelly) is palpable. It’s one of the most intriguing dynamics of the film. Miles Teller as Rooster is one of the most compelling aspects of the film. Not only is his storyline interesting, but his character resembles those of the past. Hangman (Glen Powell) is probably the easiest person to hate throughout the story. He’s arrogant, selfish, and not much of a team player. Nevertheless, he provides the necessary push that the story needs. Phoenix (Natasha Barbaro) is the singular woman pilot and she doesn’t take any kind of slight from anyone. Not only is she part of the elite group, but she’s also one of the best of them. Then there’s Hondo (Bashir Salahuddin). I just love his character. He’s someone that you want by your side. The entire cast did a phenomenal job,

topgun.PNG.cc44253706d4462e45c1ca93dfb5e95f.PNG

I have been looking forward to seeing the movie for quite some time and did my best to avoid reading any reviews or what not going in. 

Great movie. It could stand alone for those who have not seen the original but for those who have seen the original it was really well integrated into this movie.

I am looking forward to seeing it again a 2nd time!

On 5/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did it come in first! Hope you enjoyed!

That was a FUN movie! The aerial footage was incredible (other than a couple of cgi moments that were kinda cheesy but didn’t detract from the experience). They hit all the right nostalgia notes and kept the story fresh       And the sound was freaking awesome! 

Edited by bentbryan

On 5/27/2022 at 9:04 PM, bentbryan said:

That was a FUN movie! The aerial footage was incredible (other than a couple of cgi moments that were kinda cheesy but didn’t detract from the experience). They hit all the right nostalgia notes and kept the story fresh       And the sound was freaking awesome! 

Cool! Glad you enjoyed!

I'll admit I saw it in IMAX and it was so cool, but was with my brother and I had to sit near the front of the theater.

I'm not sure if I got a clear view, but also found it thoroughly enjoyable  :)

On 5/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool! Glad you enjoyed!

I'll admit I saw it in IMAX and it was so cool, but was with my brother and I had to sit near the front of the theater.

I'm not sure if I got a clear view, but also found it thoroughly enjoyable  :)

We saw it in Imax as well ..... the home movie experience will not be the same hahahaha