• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my ff 203

8 posts in this topic

This ff 203 was water damaged. The front cover and inside pages were wrinkled and wavey. I am submitting the scans of the book after I pressed out the wrinkles. I used a clamshell press that I use in my sublimation printing.

ff203f.jpg

ff203b.jpg

Books like this are always tough to grade. Usually from what I've seen books with water damage like this, and similar mechanics to this would get a 4.0.

If you had seen it before I pressed it you probably would have given it a 2.0

Books like this are always tough to grade. Usually from what I've seen books with water damage like this, and similar mechanics to this would get a 4.0.

Pressing works! shy.gif

Pressing works! shy.gif

I soaked the pages from the book in water for about 10 seconds. I then placed each page on the press in between teflon thermal sheets. I then set the temp to 200 and under heavy pressure I pressed the pages for about 10 minutes each. The cover took longer to get right. I reassembled the book and with the book closed I pressed it again under medium pressure for about 5 minutes. The result was a book that looked like it had never seen water. The hardest thing was the reassembly of the book. So far this is the only book I've tried this on. I'm sure with practice I can improve on the process.

You can still see the rolls/wavy in the shadow at the bottom edge. gossip.gif

Yes you can, but this is but a fraction of the amount of wavy that it had before the pressing. With a little more effort I'm sure I could have gotten rid of that as well.