• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

wow.  brain faart!  My bad...  Label says Jaime... but I was seeing Bollands inking, and remember his Forbidden Planet ad layout he was renowned for.... and -- Jaime doesn't often go into so much detailed likework Brian is known for, right?  I gotta lie down....

Brian-Bolland-FP-Art.jpg

On 7/15/2022 at 1:10 AM, Whitelanterncorps said:

It took a while, but I’m finally in the club.  I think I also earn the “Scruffy Black CAT Award” for having the lowest average graded set!  They may not be pretty, but I’m proud to have all three!

262AB07B-6A54-4EBD-9BA1-449C8A27F493.jpeg

These are so much better...

That's exactly the Albedo I was searching for...at least when they were a lot more affordable...

Great, great set!

It took a while, but I’m finally in the club.  I think I also earn the “Scruffy Black CAT Award” for having the lowest average graded set!  They may not be pretty, but I’m proud to have all three!

Damn!  Congrats!!  Lower grade doesn't matter.  Authentic and rare. I've been to several large conventions and it's just  so rare that I even get to see one of those books ( usually it's TMNT 1) . 

That's a sweet sweet set.  Kudos.:golfclap:

There are no “bad” copies of these books to own, I’d be thrilled to have any of these. Congrats!

On 7/27/2022 at 10:58 AM, WolverineX said:

Fake Cerebus 1 sold for 700.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334500863374?hash=item4de1ce1d8e:g:qWsAAOSwxVVizPJM

Insane that several years ago you could get a mid grade real Cerebus 1 for that amount...

When I got mine, it was at a local convention and I was very nervous I was buying the fake one. Compared to the other books on the dealer's wall, it looked very out of place (they were mostly newer-type keys worth $20-$100). My first question about it was, "is that the counterfeit?" I inquired with the seller about it and spent several minutes there trying to look up giveaways about its authenticity and then probably another hour at home (having already bought it), just trying to be sure it was the real deal.

CGC backed me up :headbang: