• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, Bronty said:

Well, I think that was the discussion when the run ended... that people didn't expect the value of #1 to hold up given the fact the series was over.    Surprisingly, not only did it hold up but it gained strength.     I think for at least the mid term it will be more than fine.    Eventually it may fade but that's true of a lot of things.

I think scarcity is driving a lot of the price appreciation as there just aren't that many copies available. Cerebus may never anchor a blockbuster movie franchise, but there are still more nostalgic fans and/or investors than issues to go around.

On 2/26/2023 at 1:48 PM, roccojoco said:

It's still just stunning to me there are only 24 CGC universal/signature graded copies in 9.0 or higher. There might be a few high grade copies out in the wild, but we know the Sim Signature file copies were the best of the batch.

Screenshot_20230226-134429_Chrome.jpg

Recent 4.5 sale.  $2100

Seems strong in this market

Screenshot_20230313-102653_eBay.jpg

Edited by WolverineX

On 4/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, WolverineX said:

Well, seeing hiw today's comic book market is like...................if you think of it from the POV as being akin to a variant copy of the original version, then this is a dirt cheap price as it should be going for multiples more than the original real version of Cerebus 1.  :devil:

On 2/26/2023 at 1:48 PM, roccojoco said:

It's still just stunning to me there are only 24 CGC universal/signature graded copies in 9.0 or higher. There might be a few high grade copies out in the wild, but we know the Sim Signature file copies were the best of the batch.

Screenshot_20230226-134429_Chrome.jpg

and even the higher grade copies often look weak for the grade.   Just a tough book in grade.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:01 PM, Legion HQ said:

Welp, guess who just pulled the trigger on a Cerebus 1!  Add me to the official Black CAT Club!   :banana:

Once I have it in hand, I'll take a pic of all three together and drop it in the thread for the sake of posterity.

Awesome!  :x

Congrats!

On 4/25/2023 at 9:01 PM, Legion HQ said:

Welp, guess who just pulled the trigger on a Cerebus 1!  Add me to the official Black CAT Club!   :banana:

Once I have it in hand, I'll take a pic of all three together and drop it in the thread for the sake of posterity.

Congrats!  What grade is your Cerebus 1?  Can't wait to see your Club photo^^.