• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
18 18

260 posts in this topic

I would also like to add the Batman Beyond I think it starts in year '16, but it is the series with #25 as the 1st Elaina Grayson and #37 is the 1st Batwoman Beyond?

We also need to add 1st Batwoman Beyond to #37 cgc label, as 1st Elaina got added to #25 CGC label recently :)  Set created on 3/4/21. Thank you

And Also,

the series Strange Academy 2020 I believe, lot of slabs :)  Set already exists

Thanks for any consideration :headbang: 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Matt G said:

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS

(*PLEASE READ - BIG CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE*)

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions to existing sets can be made in 2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUESTS)

Please add your request to this thread. Also, check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry (it helps to skim through this thread and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too) Certification numbers of CGC Graded books will speed up the research process and are preferred. 

IMPORTANT:

*There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues. CGC reserves the right to reject a set creation request if it is deemed to be obscure or unpopular among the collecting community. We want the registry and its sets to be inclusive to all members, therefore some sets may be recommended as custom sets instead of competitive. 

*Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list of books should be included in the request post. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

Please note: Custom/Specialized Sets expanding across different titles are very time consuming to build. Please be patient.

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

When the set has been added, I will "LIKE" to your post directly, so you know when the set is available. I hope that this will help with the thread to not be so lengthy and be easier to see who's request was filled last and where you are in queue.

If you have any questions, please contact me at: matt@cgccomics.com

All the best for your collection in 2020!

On 12/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Matt G said:

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS

(*PLEASE READ - BIG CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE*)

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions to existing sets can be made in 2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUESTS)

Please add your request to this thread. Also, check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry (it helps to skim through this thread and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too) Certification numbers of CGC Graded books will speed up the research process and are preferred. 

IMPORTANT:

*There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues. CGC reserves the right to reject a set creation request if it is deemed to be obscure or unpopular among the collecting community. We want the registry and its sets to be inclusive to all members, therefore some sets may be recommended as custom sets instead of competitive. 

*Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list of books should be included in the request post. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

Please note: Custom/Specialized Sets expanding across different titles are very time consuming to build. Please be patient.

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

When the set has been added, I will "LIKE" to your post directly, so you know when the set is available. I hope that this will help with the thread to not be so lengthy and be easier to see who's request was filled last and where you are in queue.

If you have any questions, please contact me at: matt@cgccomics.com

All the best for your collection in 2020!

Please build a set for Ultraman.

Hello @Phillip U. Daniels III,

Are you referring to the Ultraman 1993 set by Harvey? Unfortunately, this only has 3 issues and CGC has only graded a handful of them in total. This set does not currently have enough graded to be considered for a set. This would be a great custom set! Thank you

• Administrator

Hello Everyone,

I have been working diligently to make sure that the requests are caught up. Currently the slot and score requests are up to date (meaning within a week or two old) and the next set request to be created was posted on 9/18.

I will be spending the majority of my time over the next few weeks assisting our operations teams as we have an incredible amount of volume across our collectible companies. Luckily, I am able to wear multiple hats so I can assist with our different collectible types and operations departments. I will have limited access to my computer (and email) for the next few weeks and this may cause a slight delay on the pending requests. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and have a happy holiday!

Matt: Please create a new set for Death Rattle, Volume 1 -- 1972-1973 / Kitchen Sink Enterprises.

Cert # 0990064002, Death Rattle #1

Cert # 1162288017, Death Rattle #2

Cert # 1162288016, Death Rattle #3

Regards,

Ludwig

Set created on 3/9/21. Thank you

On 12/8/2020 at 1:35 PM, krazykris7 said:

Can we please get a "Something is Killing the Children" (1st Prints Only - No Variants) Set as there are so many variants its hard to keep up!

Thanks!

I would advocate for a full set including variants as well as there are a lot of collectors for this and many other sets with the same or greater number of variants.

Hello @hollowsphere,

The "Complete with Variants" set already exists. Thank you!

Please make the request in the thread below which is for set requests only. Please notate that your request was made in the slot request thread on 7/28 and I will try to honor your request in the proper order. This thread is faster moving and is for slots only. Thank you

Requesting Mastertworks Series of Great Comic Book Artists (1983 series, DC, featured Berni Wrightson, Frank Frazetta and others)

Hi Matt,

Can you please create the following set:

Major Bummer (1997)

Issue 1 Cert 3702359001

Issue 2 Cert 3702359002

Issue 3 Cert 3702359003

Issue 4 Cert 3702359004

Issue 5 Cert 3702359005

Issue 6 Cert 3702359006

Issue 7 Cert 3702359007

Issue 8 Cert 3702359008

Issue 9 Cert 3702359009

Issue 10 Cert 3702359010

Issue 11 Cert 3702359011

Issue 12 Cert 3702359012

Issue 13 Cert 3702359013

Issue 14 Cert 3702359014

Issue 15 Cert 3702359015

Issues 2-15 are the first graded copies.

Thank you!

Hi Matt,

Can you please add these two sets.

Ghost Rider (2019) and Strange Academy (2020)

Ghost Rider 2019 examples.

Strange Academy issues 

Both sets were created per previous requests. Thank you

Hello,

Could you add MacGyver: Fugitive Gauntlet (2012) and Last Starfighter (1984) Set created 3/10/21. Thank you

MacGyver

3717042004, 3717042005, 3717042006, 3717042007, 3717042008

Last Starfighter

3717042010, 3717042011, 3717042010

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, MacGyver: Fugitive Gauntlet has a very minimal amount of books graded by CGC. We will not be able to create this request and it may be best to display in a custom set. 

Hello,

Could u please add DC's Year of the Villain Special 1.  Maybe to the DC Villains slot.  I have the 1 in 500 Jim Cheung variant 

Superman 25 vol 5 variant (2018 series)

Marvel Comics 1000 (perez variant cover)  all variants

And Aafes 15 (Military exchange Promotional for US military personnel)

Thanks

Sent PM on 3/9/21 for more information.

20201222_034729.jpg

Hi just inquireing but is there a set already made for the incredible hulk 2017-2018 please as I dont seem to be able to find it if it is there i am so sorry for wasting your time its incredible hulk # 713 John tyler Christopher hulk smash variant cover i can only find # 709 thanks mark 

Incredible Hulk (2017) #709-717 set created 3/10/21. Thank you

Would like to request a set for ‘Star Wars: Official Movie Magazines’.

Including:

Unfortunately, CGC has only graded a handful of these books, with the exception of the Empire Strikes Back copy. We are unable to honor the request as this time. This would be a great custom set!

Title

Star Wars Album

Issue No.

nn

Issue Date

11/77

Year

Publisher

Ballantine Books

Key Comments

Official Collector's Edition

Art Comments

Greg and Tim Hildebrandt cover

Title

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Issue No.

nn

Issue Date

Year

Publisher

Paradise Press

Art Comments

John May & Alan Arnold text, Roger Kastel cover, Ralph McQuarrie ar

Title

Star Wars: Episode I - Official Souvenir Magazine

Issue No.

nn

Issue Date

Year

Publisher

Topps Company, Inc

Title

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Collector's Edition

Issue No.

nn

Issue Date

Year

Publisher

Titan Publishing Co.

• Administrator

Locking the thread. All requests will be honored in the order by which they appear on the thread before moving to the 2021 thread. Please use the 2021 threads moving forward.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year!