• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Artist Editions and their boxes

60 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Scott VanderPloeg said:

I keep them all in their boxes. It's just easier to store.

IMG_4411.JPG

Easier to store, but impossible to access.  These books are so heavy, that I would never bother trying to pull out anything past the first 4 or 5 books in these stacks, which would make owning them pointless.  At least for me but your mileage may vary.

I keep them in box. Like a bag and board designed for it, so why not? Not like they're easy to store anyways. The box doesn't add any complication for a lot of upside.

If anything the Chris Samnee Daredevil one I have came box-less, so that one sticks out as the oddity in my collection. Reminds me I need to go pull the Simonson Thor off the shelf and flip through it...

8 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

I admit it. That's what started this thread. I wanted to know if I was alone. I am not. :)

Funny thread comments throughout, considering we're "collectors"? Maybe some of you should take your act on the road, over to Comics General, and advise them that those long boxes will hold more than 300 comics if only they would remove and toss all the extraneous ad pages. I mean -wow- that's like 1/3rd of the comic. Sheesh! After all, we only want to keep "the good parts"...right?

lol

15 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I use the Artist Editions for reference and for class demonstrations, I break the spines, I bang the corners, I beat the hell out of these things and I don't care if they stay mint condition.   I collect Golden Age Comics, but I don't collect everything that's "collectible".  To each his own-- I don't like having a lot of stuff.

I don't keep mine in the boxes and don't really concern myself that much with condition either. Heck, I have even had the thought to cut a few pages out to display as prints (cue the blasphemy responses, I know)

20 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I use the Artist Editions for reference and for class demonstrations, I break the spines, I bang the corners, I beat the hell out of these things and I don't care if they stay mint condition.   I collect Golden Age Comics, but I don't collect everything that's "collectible".  To each his own-- I don't like having a lot of stuff.

Sounds like either the school is paying for them or you're taking a deduction -either way, you really couldn't collect them then...could you?

But do you buy dupes "for you"?