• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Year! PGM FF48

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First of all: Happy New Year to you all!

I just received this today and would like to ask what you guys think the grade will be?

I've tried to take pictures of all the flaws (slight stain in the back and front, tear on top of the cover, etc) so hopefully it is clear enough and sorry if it is very picture heavy.

Thank you for the help!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Happy New Year!

I'd say 5.5 apparent. Eye appeal and gloss very nice, but I suspect some small hits of color touch in the black areas on The Watcher and scattered around the spine.

Thank you all for the grades!

I was hoping that the book is a 6.0+ and from what you guys said it is not, so I'll probably return this one.

Took out my black light to check on the book and no color touch detected at least!

41 minutes ago, xela_v said:

Thank you all for the grades!

I was hoping that the book is a 6.0+ and from what you guys said it is not, so I'll probably return this one.

Took out my black light to check on the book and no color touch detected at least!

Cheers, friend. Well, you have the book in hand and I don't, but these muddy areas where the reader creases are look suspicious to me. It looks like the color breaks kind of disappear in the black areas (since it's easy to 'match' black ink), but reappear in the blue areas (where matching is more difficult). Some of the purple areas look a bit funky as well.  2c

1682990508_ScreenShot2020-01-01at4_09_54PM.png.fb6912d743f7a78222fc6e51a221a53c.png

14 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

It looks like it might have had an amateur press. The spine particularly looks almost crushed. The tear is unfortunate. There is chipping by Ben Grimm's body. The color is really nice as is the page that you shot. I'd give a 5.0. Overall eye appeal is cool. 

Not sure if it had a press and no way to prove it, but yes, the eye appeal was the thing that attracted me to it!

13 hours ago, Point Five said:

Cheers, friend. Well, you have the book in hand and I don't, but these muddy areas where the reader creases are look suspicious to me. It looks like the color breaks kind of disappear in the black areas (since it's easy to 'match' black ink), but reappear in the blue areas (where matching is more difficult). Some of the purple areas look a bit funky as well.  2c

1682990508_ScreenShot2020-01-01at4_09_54PM.png.fb6912d743f7a78222fc6e51a221a53c.png

Hm I'm not sure and I'm not an expert, but I've checked it again and don't see it. Maybe just bad picture?

I've already packed the book to ship out for refund so I can't check the areas again, but just to fulfill our curiosity, maybe this angle will help?

Untitled-1.jpg

4 hours ago, xela_v said:

Hm I'm not sure and I'm not an expert, but I've checked it again and don't see it. Maybe just bad picture?

I've already packed the book to ship out for refund so I can't check the areas again, but just to fulfill our curiosity, maybe this angle will help?

Not sure either, but no worries. All's well that ends well! Glad you'll get the refund.  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

Not sure either, but no worries. All's well that ends well! Glad you'll get the refund.  (thumbsu

Thank you!

And thank you all, the consensus is pretty solid at 4.5 to 5.5, which is a bit lower than what I'm looking for