• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's A QUIET PLACE: PART II (3/20/20)

20 posts in this topic

we went today to see it. I have to admit, the sound editing in this movie is top notch. definitely needs to be seen in a theater for the sound, similar to Dunkirk.

I literally jump 3-4 times. Great Summer Popcorn movie!

I haven't seen it yet, but the first one was pretty good. Not great, by any means, but pretty good. Especially for a horror movie.

That said, doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that an actress, who has 'made it', would make a horror flick? I guess there are examples of it happening - Sandra Bullock/Bird Box - but I always thought that 'bigtime' actors looked down on horror movies.

5 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I haven't seen it yet, but the first one was pretty good. Not great, by any means, but pretty good. Especially for a horror movie.

That said, doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that an actress, who has 'made it', would make a horror flick? I guess there are examples of it happening - Sandra Bullock/Bird Box - but I always thought that 'bigtime' actors looked down on horror movies.

Her husband wrote & directed it so not surprising she would have a different attitude towards it even if she disliked the genre.

I watched this last night. Very solid movie. Just as good as the original, which is a huge compliment.

This is clearly written and directed by someone who loves movies and his craft. Great acting, wonderful cinematography, great use of sound and an overall A class production.

It doesn't really do anything new, but its just soild fun that I recommend seeing with a crowd. It got so quiet at times in the theater you were afraid to crunch your popcorn.

So what are you waiting for....get out there and go see it!!!!

Edited by Rip

I really enjoyed it. It did have a very abrupt ending as I thought we were going to get something else like another flashback scene with John Krasinski that would provide a fitting touching close. Looks like Paramount has green-lit a spin-off movie as well. Looking forward to another story.