• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cert Numbers Being used by Non owner

6 posts in this topic

I opened a Blind bag walking dead and it was the 48 cover E.  I have tried submitting Cert on my set twice with no avail both times stating it is someone elses number.  I opened this book and submitted to CGC myself so Its not anyone elses book.  It has been mine since I opened.  Is there a way to jist find out who is usimg stolen certs..  maybe they should not be able to be in group as who knows what they really have

On 1/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, Juggernaut1981 said:

I opened a Blind bag walking dead and it was the 48 cover E.  I have tried submitting Cert on my set twice with no avail both times stating it is someone elses number.  I opened this book and submitted to CGC myself so Its not anyone elses book.  It has been mine since I opened.  Is there a way to jist find out who is usimg stolen certs..  maybe they should not be able to be in group as who knows what they really have

I can see how this would be frustrating, but how would they get the Cert # unless it was someone from CGC?  Have you posted the pics on Facebook or somewhere that it could be stolen?  Unless someone guessed a # for that particular slot - which is doubtful - this is an odd issue to have.  You could PM an admin about it but it may be a while before you hear back.  If PM-ing doesn't work, call CGC and ask how someone else could have that #. 2c

• Administrator

@Juggernaut1981 When a collector attempts to add a comic book to their registry set but it is owned by another member, we receive a "failed add." This places the book into a queue while we wait for the current owner to approve or reject the transfer. The book will be automatically transferred to the new owner in about 7 business days. 

I understand that However I am the only owner.  I purchased book from store in polybag,  I opened and realized it was a rarer variant and I submitted the book.  There is no other owner as I am the only owner of this Cert #.  I have not sold book or nor did I purchase book already graded.  I purchased at its raw state.  Someone submitted my cert number as theirs which is ridiculous meaning there is not 100% integrity driven people in this group

People apparently 'steal' CGC books (their cert #s at least) from other owners for their Registry sets all the time, just to get ahead in the ranking. Why ? Because people are stupid.

Edited by Gotham Kid