• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhunt #12 Raw RARE sold for $3,351 ?!?
3 3

60 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, pmpknface said:
"A cgc 1.0 of this comic sold for over $7500 recently!!

There is a cgc 2.5 currently priced at $12,000!!

This copy has to be worth somewhere in between those two values!!"

I guess we'll find out in 30 minutes.  Didn't the 1.0 sell for that much because it was "one of a kind", and who cares what something is priced at, what matters is what it sells for.  

And I'm pretty sure I see a maple syrup stain on the back cover...

Edited by waaaghboss

11 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

Only 12 minutes to go in the auction, books at $1975

Spent the last several minutes at $2,550.  Quite a bit less than what the seller was expecting I guess.  Surprised bid snipers didnt shoot the price up in the last 5 seconds, always fun to watch that.

Just now, waaaghboss said:

Spent the last several minutes at $2,550.  Quite a bit less than what the seller was expecting I guess.  Surprised bid snipers didnt shoot the price up in the last 5 seconds, always fun to watch that.

I was expecting it to jump also.

1 minute ago, KCOComics said:

Ha, i just watched this one close to. 

It will be interesting to see if more of these keep getting discovered. 

Soon it won't be one of a kind, it will be thirty-two of a kind :D  

7 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

I was expecting it to jump also.

I think that only happens when I'm winning an auction, my max bid is twice what the current price is, and then I lose it by a dollar in the last 2 seconds.  

On 2/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, bluechip said:
On 2/12/2020 at 9:07 AM, Gotham Kid said:

lol

"one of a kind" - always loved that.

All it takes is a strong sale for that "one of a kind" to undergo the multiplier effect.

Full disclosure might mean describing it thusly: 

"One of a kind at this point in time.  No guarantees about tomorrow (or a half hour from now)."

Yet surprisingly, it still seems to work so well after all these long years.  hm

Just look at the irrational and crazy extra money that some buyers will pay for an otherwise relatively common book just because it is that one tiny notch higher that it can now be called "the highest graded copy" at this moment in time.  (shrug)

Then again, I guess it's really a case of to each, their own.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Just look at the irrational and crazy extra money that some buyers will pay for an otherwise relatively common book just because it is that one tiny notch higher that it can now be called "the highest graded copy" at this moment in time.  (shrug)

This is why I've never over paid for a "highest graded copy".  Truthfully,  I would love to own a rare comic and show it off on these boards as "the highest graded comic".  But there are so many undiscovered books out there that unless your buying some rare book in a 9.8, there is a good chance you'll soon own the second highest graded.  And I likely can't afford an ultra rare book in a 9.8. 

On 4/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, waaaghboss said:

This exact same book sold one month ago on eBay for $500, right down to the stain on the back cover (see sold items on eBay). I think the buyer/new seller will be happy with pocketing $2,000 profit one month later.

also, the seller of the “$12k” copy bought it raw on eBay for around 3k. He’s only trying to grab a measly $9k profit. 😂

60E9CE0F-264F-4894-B023-34D86A75D242.jpeg

C2C5E4F8-53C6-44E1-9E15-B0F4F5E7B5B8.jpeg

Edited by thewritestuff

56 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

This exact same book sold one month ago on eBay for $500, right down to the stain on the back cover (see sold items on eBay). I think the buyer/new seller will be happy with pocketing $2,000 profit one month later.

also, the seller of the “$12k” copy bought it raw on eBay for around 3k. He’s only trying to grab a measly $9k profit. 😂

Wow! 

On 4/17/2020 at 7:51 PM, RareHighGrade said:

This is the problem with getting overly excited about a book that is first touted as being "rare to non-existent" in 2020, as opposed to one that has been recognized as rare for decades.  I'd never heard of this book being a hen's tooth until the Metro auction, but it nevertheless fetched $7500 based on that marketing approach.

Too much shameful overhype around this book, but considering the sources I’m not surprised.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:21 PM, sacentaur said:
On 4/18/2020 at 3:51 AM, RareHighGrade said:

This is the problem with getting overly excited about a book that is first touted as being "rare to non-existent" in 2020, as opposed to one that has been recognized as rare for decades.  I'd never heard of this book being a hen's tooth until the Metro auction, but it nevertheless fetched $7500 based on that marketing approach.

Too much shameful overhype around this book, but considering the sources I’m not surprised.

22972079%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

On 4/19/2020 at 1:40 PM, thewritestuff said:

This same copy was bought and sold by two local flippers. First guy bought it for $500. As a “make an offer”. He then tripled his price and sold it to David Arnold. David promptly put it on eBay and you saw what it brought. Both pocketed a nice quick profit. Hey, it’s America isn’t it? 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, Tbone911t said:

It presents quite well but has a small spine split, maybe vg or vg+ imo. He is starting to downsize his collection so will probably be for sale eventually. 

Nice..rarity aside, it really is a fantastic cover.