• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus #1 CGC 9.6
2 2

99 posts in this topic

Since when was there a Cerebus #1 graded a CGC 9.6?  It's a Signature Series too and does not appear to be a regraded version as there are still 3 at 9.4.  I'm surprised to see this coming out of left field and would love to see it.

2 hours ago, roccojoco said:

Since when was there a Cerebus #1 graded a CGC 9.6?  It's a Signature Series too and does not appear to be a regraded version as there are still 3 at 9.4.  I'm surprised to see this coming out of left field and would love to see it.

Are you the same Roccojoco that bought my 8.5 off of ebay?

10 hours ago, roccojoco said:

Hmmm. .  Interesting...I too would love to see it

11 hours ago, roccojoco said:

It appeared on the CGC Census between October 8th and December 3rd, 2019.  It's likely that a CGC 8.0 was also signed/graded at the same time. There were two months that the CGC Census data update was broken, so I can't narrow it down anymore than that without the serial number.  If we had that, we'd be able to see the grading day.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/39931

(Scroll down for signature series, following the universals.)

Edited by valiantman

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It appeared on the CGC Census between October 8th and December 3rd, 2019.  It's likely that a CGC 8.0 was also signed/graded at the same time. There were two months that the CGC Census data update was broken, so I can't narrow it down anymore than that without the serial number.  If we had that, we'd be able to see the grading day.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/39931

(Scroll down for signature series, following the universals.)

Interesting,  would be cool if the owner was on the forum 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:10 AM, roccojoco said:

I'm not sure you can rule out this as a re-graded 9.4.  It's possible someone took a 9.4 and had it pressed and submitted without submitting the original label. 

...or it could be a never-before-graded copy.  Stranger things have happened.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, roccojoco said:

I am so sorry to inform you.  Cerebus #1 isn't Copper Age. It was printed in 1977.

Edited by JollyComics

12 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm not sure you can rule out this as a re-graded 9.4.  It's possible someone took a 9.4 and had it pressed and submitted without submitting the original label. 

Can you "crack" a Signature Series and still have it submitted for authentication by CGC?  

14 hours ago, Turtle said:

Or it could be a mistake.

21 hours ago, roccojoco said:

Can you "crack" a Signature Series and still have it submitted for authentication by CGC?  

Yes, so long as the chain of custody is maintained.  The book must be removed from the slab in the presence of an authorized witness.  If this is done and the witness follows the correct procedure, then you can certainly crack a Signature Series book and have it graded again under the Signature Series label.

This is a very common occurrence.  Plenty of people send already-signed/slabbed books to witnesses and facilitators to have the books cracked, signed again, and regraded.  But if you plan on doing this, just be mindful that rules must be followed to maintain the Signature Series label.  Read up on the rules BEFORE cracking the book.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Yes, so long as the chain of custody is maintained.  The book must be removed from the slab in the presence of an authorized witness.  If this is done and the witness follows the correct procedure, then you can certainly crack a Signature Series book and have it graded again under the Signature Series label.

This is a very common occurrence.  Plenty of people send already-signed/slabbed books to witnesses and facilitators to have the books cracked, signed again, and regraded.  But if you plan on doing this, just be mindful that rules must be followed to maintain the Signature Series label.  Read up on the rules BEFORE cracking the book.  (thumbsu

I thought so, then this disproves that a previously slabbed 9.4 Cerebus Signature Series was resubmitted as the case would be intact and the label would have to be present, which would then be removed from the census.

A 9.6 coming out of the wild after 43 years and not a Sim file copy is just unimaginable at this point, but it may have happened.

Edited by roccojoco
Add detail

7 hours ago, roccojoco said:

I thought so, then this disproves that a previously slabbed 9.4 Cerebus Signature Series was resubmitted as the case would be intact and the label would have to be present, which would then be removed from the census.

A 9.6 coming out of the wild after 43 years and not a Sim file copy is just unimaginable at this point, but it may have happened.

The plot thickens...