• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher fans, let’s see them favorites..💀
6 6

855 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, Parabellum said:
On 8/7/2021 at 8:35 AM, warden5523 said:

Nice! I always loved this cover 

Same!  I think the War Zone series of covers where great!

That's why I submitted as my submission on page 5 for this contest :)

On 8/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

In case you ever ask yourself, "Do my posts have any value to anyone?", let me tell you a story.

I visited a yard sale yesterday which advertised comics as part of the sale on Craigslist.  Because it was in a town about 30 miles away, I had emailed to make sure they had something I was interested in, and it wouldn't be a complete waste of time.  I was told in reply it was a collection of over 1000 comics from the late 80s to the early 2000s, mostly Marvel, so that's positive.  Now, I know next to nothing about that period, having collected only briefly in the early 1990s.  So while I'm waiting on the street before the sale starts, I'm browsing this forum and this thread to make sure I know a) what's cool, and b) what might be valuable should it show up in this guy's collection.  Because I read your posts, here's the result.  Without them, it's a 50/50 for me to pick these up.  Thanks!

Punisher WJ - 1.jpg

Punisher LS - 1.jpg

Punisher - 2.jpg

Nice pickups @MattTheDuck -some great items there. ( Great reads also.)👍💀

On 8/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, nepatkm said:

Great choice, Hope you get the 1st appearance of Lynn Michaels on the CGC case 🤞🏼 @ADAMANTIUM

That would be so cool :x

I know these black covers are hard to grade, it may grade out in the 9's at least I'd hope.

But was a good read regardless and happy to add to the collection.

Man winning registry awards is hard 😂 I have overall a high score, but not all in one set and congrats to all those who are dedicated and win! :headbang:

On 8/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Parabellum said:

Same!  I think the War Zone series of covers where great!

Nice pickup @Parabellum, this comic, ( Punisher War Zone #7) is definitely picking up some momentum. 

I was able to win these 2 War Zone issues, when they arrive safely, I will be able to cross them off my CGC graded 9.8 list. 

D16D1E1B-18B1-4A6E-84B5-CDA209485861.jpeg

104FD8D8-EE6E-41D9-A432-5E6E7E9165FD.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Cropped the screenshots

On 8/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That would be so cool :x

I know these black covers are hard to grade, it may grade out in the 9's at least I'd hope.

But was a good read regardless and happy to add to the collection.

Man winning registry awards is hard 😂 I have overall a high score, but not all in one set and congrats to all those who are dedicated and win! :headbang:

Great book again, You do have a great collection @ADAMANTIUM, all that matters is getting what you want, and like/love to make yourself happy.

😃👍 

To win a registry major award would be great.. There are a lot of Amazing collections on these boards, to win one would be an honor/(honour). Yes congratulations are definitely in order to the winners. 👍

Edited by nepatkm

On 8/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

In case you ever ask yourself, "Do my posts have any value to anyone?", let me tell you a story.

I visited a yard sale yesterday which advertised comics as part of the sale on Craigslist.  Because it was in a town about 30 miles away, I had emailed to make sure they had something I was interested in, and it wouldn't be a complete waste of time.  I was told in reply it was a collection of over 1000 comics from the late 80s to the early 2000s, mostly Marvel, so that's positive.  Now, I know next to nothing about that period, having collected only briefly in the early 1990s.  So while I'm waiting on the street before the sale starts, I'm browsing this forum and this thread to make sure I know a) what's cool, and b) what might be valuable should it show up in this guy's collection.  Because I read your posts, here's the result.  Without them, it's a 50/50 for me to pick these up.  Thanks!

Punisher WJ - 1.jpg

Punisher LS - 1.jpg

Punisher - 2.jpg

Actually I do ask myself that most of the time, 🤣.  

Great pick ups!  How much did they set you back?

On 8/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, Parabellum said:

eBay wins?

Yes. 
I missed out on 2 issues that I needed from that sellers auction, which sold with a best offer. Disturbed at myself for not taking action for the BIN Option, or placing first bid on those items…. Wasn’t meant to be I suppose. 😕

Edited by nepatkm
Added to comment

On 8/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, Parabellum said:

Actually I do ask myself that most of the time, 🤣.  

Great pick ups!  How much did they set you back?

$1.83 in total :).  Seems fair.

I may go back out there, if he hasn't sold through.  The main thing I don't like about yard/garage/estate sales is that I feel really rushed to get through what's on offer and make sure I pick out anything I need for my collection, or which I've learned might be worth reading or worth some $ before someone else shows up and crowds things.  As I noted in the "Garage sale finds" thread, I ended up with X-Factor 1-20, but there's no 6 (first Apocalypse) and I'm concerned I was in a hurry and just missed it.  Plus which - as noted - I don't know anything about most of the post-1992 books so there's a certain level of blundering about.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, nepatkm said:

Yes. 
I missed out on 2 issues that I needed from that sellers auction, which sold with a best offer. Disturbed at myself for not taking action for the BIN Option, or placing first bid on those items…. Wasn’t meant to be I suppose. 😕

More and more early punisher books are being subbed.  They will come around again.  War Zone seems to be pretty popular now.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, MattTheDuck said:

$1.83 in total :).  Seems fair.

I may go back out there, if he hasn't sold through.  The main thing I don't like about yard/garage/estate sales is that I feel really rushed to get through what's on offer and make sure I pick out anything I need for my collection, or which I've learned might be worth reading or worth some $ before someone else shows up and crowds things.  As I noted in the "Garage sale finds" thread, I ended up with X-Factor 1-20, but there's no 6 (first Apocalypse) and I'm concerned I was in a hurry and just missed it.  Plus which - as noted - I don't know anything about most of the post-1992 books so there's a certain level of blundering about.

1.38?!  Completely fair 🤣

awesome job my man!  Happy for you!