• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher fans, let’s see them favorites..💀
6 6

855 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2021 at 8:31 PM, Microchip said:

I picked it up just before the madness.   So less than a good auction result for a #1 in 9.8, newsstand copy lately.

B - E - A - UTIFUL.

ID LOVE TO HAVE SOME 9.9'S 

I have yet to score any. I was eyeing some punisher vs wolverine from early 90's? But @nepatkm suggested a pass, as he saw some scans. I might should have gone for it regardless, cause I don't often search, and haven't really seen anything on books "I'd" find interesting. Let alone a key haha 😉

On 11/10/2021 at 1:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

B - E - A - UTIFUL.

I have yet to score any. I was eyeing some punisher vs wolverine from early 90's? But @nepatkm suggested a pass, as he saw some scans. I might should have gone for it regardless, cause I don't often search, and haven't really seen anything on books "I'd" find interesting. Let alone a key haha 😉

I've got a few other 9.9's.   They've gone crazy now, and I'm selling my first Gambit.   Still holding onto Bishops first full appearance in 9.9.   Though there's a 10.0 floating around... :o

On 11/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, followtheleader said:

Tex is such a great artist.  So raw and moody.

He attended one of the only Conventions in the Denver area I've missed in the last 23 years.  It was snowing pretty good that day.

One of my comic regrets not meeting him and having a couple items signed.

Patrick

Agreed. I thought his version of Ghost Rider is one of the best too.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

B - E - A - UTIFUL.

Sorry @ADAMANTIUM,

I did not mean to sway your decision away from that set.  
:sorry:

On 11/10/2021 at 4:46 PM, nepatkm said:

Sorry @ADAMANTIUM,

I did not mean to sway your decision away from that set.  
:sorry:

Oh I'm ok with it , really (thumbsu

It was all good, I put the money eventually towards something better. I was actually almost broke at the time, it's good that I held off.

No Worries at all 😊

Received my childhood Limited #1 copy back this week. As normal unpressed. Also my original 1987 #1 I sent to CGC about 18 years ago. Purchased 2 copies of #1 back then the other copy is now queued in Sarasota

Not sure why but the Limited slabbed scan the right edge appears "bowed" while it's not a total straight cut the scan is not true to life - some odd refraction due to the case??? The pre-submission scan shows what it looks like in reality. . Anyhow it's the copy I purchased Oct 1985 in my youth and it ain't goin' nowhere :)

As I recall the Limited series propelled The Punisher from a C or D level character to an A-lister who just a few years later would have 3 concurrent monthly series'

Typical 80's Zeck cover; dude firing gun(s) with mouth hanging open :)  There's even a Zeck Cap cover like that.  It is classic though!

Punisher_Limited1.thumb.jpg.504930d519da9cbc37bb49c704fb43ab.jpg235285148_Punisher19861.thumb.jpg.3daa6f7f6d301342eeb4392aec302106.jpgpunisher1-1987cgc98w.thumb.jpg.71dbcd60e8578e9c83713e091f9f2694.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, MAR1979 said:

Received my Childhood Limited #1 back this week. As normal unpressed. Also my original 1987 #1 I sent to CGC about 18 years ago. Purchased 2 copies of #1 back then the other copy is now queued in Sarasota

Not sure why but in the Limited slabbed scan the right edge appears "bowed" while it's not a total straight cut the scan is not true to life - some odd refraction due to the case??? The pre-submission scan shows what it looks like in reality. . Anyhow it's the copy I purchased Oct 1985 in my youth and it ain't goin' nowhere :)

As I recall the Limited series propelled The Punisher from a C or D level character to an A-lister who just a few years later would have 3 concurrent monthly series'

Typical 80's Zeck cover; dude firing gun(s) with mouth hanging open :)  There's even a Zeck Cap cover like that.  It is classic though!

Punisher_Limited1.thumb.jpg.504930d519da9cbc37bb49c704fb43ab.jpg235285148_Punisher19861.thumb.jpg.3daa6f7f6d301342eeb4392aec302106.jpgpunisher1-1987cgc98w.thumb.jpg.71dbcd60e8578e9c83713e091f9f2694.jpg

Awesome! And after all these years the grade is kicking and taking names too!

Yes I wouldn't worry about the book now the scan. Honestly, I've had pics that made the bowing feature in them, yet all the back covers look great in pics lol

Possibly cause I'm excited and nervous getting a pic of the front? Idk 😀

On 11/11/2021 at 9:37 AM, Parabellum said:

Ah ok, I’ve seen that book on there with “sale pending” a couple years ago.  Very nice!  If you ever want sell it I’m interested.

Thats it, it was sitting there for a while.  At $500 at the time, it looked like a solid asking price.   Now, fast forward, that's an absolute bargain.   I've always been a fan, and this limited series was always a 'grail' set from back in the day.   It was such a high class production at the time, and went straight to the top of everyone's 'must have' list, and stayed there for there for over a decade.   

It's contempories have faded, GI Joe first issue was a similar over sized book, and hugely coveted back in the day.       

On 11/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, MAR1979 said:

Received my childhood Limited #1 copy back this week. As normal unpressed. Also my original 1987 #1 I sent to CGC about 18 years ago. Purchased 2 copies of #1 back then the other copy is now queued in Sarasota

Not sure why but the Limited slabbed scan the right edge appears "bowed" while it's not a total straight cut the scan is not true to life - some odd refraction due to the case??? The pre-submission scan shows what it looks like in reality. . Anyhow it's the copy I purchased Oct 1985 in my youth and it ain't goin' nowhere :)

Dude that is awesome!  I love hearing these stories with original owners getting 9.8’s on their books.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, Microchip said:

Thats it, it was sitting there for a while.  At $500 at the time, it looked like a solid asking price.   Now, fast forward, that's an absolute bargain.   I've always been a fan, and this limited series was always a 'grail' set from back in the day.   It was such a high class production at the time, and went straight to the top of everyone's 'must have' list, and stayed there for there for over a decade.   

It's contempories have faded, GI Joe first issue was a similar over sized book, and hugely coveted back in the day.       

By the time I saw it you had already purchased it.  I’m sure I was way late, lol.  I did email comic link and they told me it was sold a while ago.  This was spring 2017.