• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Variant hunting fun!

57 posts in this topic

hey to all those variant collectors out there!

It has been quite awhile since I have posted to the boards, been busy with other things in my life. I do take the time to scour Ebay to search for those tough to find variants. It is fun and hard work , though foreheadslap.gif

Anyway, since I am back , I am going to give away one of my 30 cent variants! But you will have to work for it!!!!

So, take a look at the two photos I am posting with this.

This is from an auction on Ebay either existing currently or ended.

1. Identify the two variants that appear in the photo. Issue number and Title. That should be easy. This guy probably had more in the collection, but it got a little out of my reach ( but probably worth it! ) I did not bid on it! So you can't use my ebay name to look it up easily! 893naughty-thumb.gif

2, Be the first to PM me with the Ebay auction number and Title, and you win! 900817-variantpicture2.jpg900817-variantpicture1.jpg

900817-variantpicture2.jpg.1655a49aa1871f7e87b2bc6be9d9395c.jpg

there is one 30 cent variant in each of th photos, if that ebay seller knew any better, he would have seperated the two and sold them seperately! foreheadslap.gif

These pictures are still available on the sellers auction, so you can find it! Needle in a haystack you say? screwy.gif

That is why you can use your skills as a magnet! Good Luck!

Hope I am not breaking the rules for the variant club!

yay.gif

yes, every one seems to have gotten the two variants correct 893applaud-thumb.gif

but if you use the correct key words and look in ebay in the right place , you will find this auction.

pictures are still up for it. I only wish i had the kind of cash to win it, because with the amount of comics for the $700+, it works out to a buck a comic. not bad makepoint.gif

there is a bit of a hint for you! acclaim.gif

but if you use the correct key words and look in ebay in the right place , you will find this auction.

Just curious, but you have actually performed this search and can find the listing, right? I ask because sometimes items take a bit to enter the Closed Item search.

I performed a couple of extensive/generic searches both in Comics and All Categories, using your above pricing data and found nothing.

Just curious, but you have actually performed this search and can find the listing, right? I ask because sometimes items take a bit to enter the Closed Item search.

I performed a couple of extensive/generic searches both in Comics and All Categories, using your above pricing data and found nothing.

i did as well. i am guessing these pics are from two auctions by the same seller

yes, every one seems to have gotten the two variants correct 893applaud-thumb.gif

Funny, all I see are wrong answers.

Marvel Premiere 4, not 6. The Kid Colt is right, though.

Marvel Presents 4, yes. thumbsup2.gif

duh. Too sleepy. foreheadslap.gif

Marvel Presents 4, yes. thumbsup2.gif

duh. Too sleepy. foreheadslap.gif

my bad - I remembered Marvel presents 4 and 6 both had black covers and just went with my best guess this morning foreheadslap.gif

well gang.

did not realize that Ebay has changed their search rules for completed auctions! What is up with that. You could find it , if you were able to search completed auctions by Title and "description" . When did ebay change that? frustrated.gif

I imagine that they did because to search via that method would take alot more server time.

So i will have to give you a better way to search for it. sorry. Uh, the 30 cent variant will be an Avengers title.

I'll post more info later tonight. yay.gif