• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Competitive "key" issue Set
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi all! 

I'm not exactly new to the CGC forums (joined in 2008) but I've never really posted anything before. My question is to do with the CGC competitive registry sets. I have a collection of almost 200 books that are all CGC graded however my entire collection is based on major and minor key issues and #1s. The only set I'm trying to work on is GA Batman with only around a dozen of them so far.

So unfortunately I am unable to compete in any of the sets available since I have a complete mix of key issues from all ages. However almost all of them are of very high grade. 

How can I request that a competitive set such as "Key Issues" or "#1s" be introduced into the CGC registry? I would imagine a list of hundreds (if not thousands) of key issues be included. Might be quite a task but there we can set specific criteria for that. For the "#1s" set it would be a lot easier I guess.

What do you guys think?

• Administrator

Thank you @Gotham Kid. @MarvinTheMartian Unfortunately, this would work best as a custom set. The competitive sets are intended for a specific story line, run, series, character artist, etc. It would be a very difficult to provide a concrete list of books for this type of set as it is up to collector interpretation on what the "key" issues would be.