• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's KRAVEN THE HUNTER starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson (2023)
2 2

146 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Yup, Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa made us all wrong 

:D

I had to google who Rita Repulsa is.  The only thing I know about the Power Rangers is the Green Ranger shows up at Comic Shows and is a nice guy to everyone and the Yellow Ranger died in a car accident. 

I'm open to this casting, however I would like to see them quit casting actors in more than one role in the wider MCU.  Also, in my opinion, AT-J is much too young for this role.  Many of the "cool" early Spidey villains set up an "older, experienced" villain vs. a high school kid.  Vulture, Doc Ock, Kraven were all like this and it worked as a dynamic.  I thought Mysterio in "Far From Home" captured that, although he (spoiler alert) posed as a mentor for a while.  So we'll see - I'm predisposed to liking the MCU movies, so they have some work to do to disappoint me.

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I had to google who Rita Repulsa is.  The only thing I know about the Power Rangers is the Green Ranger shows up at Comic Shows and is a nice guy to everyone and the Yellow Ranger died in a car accident. 

And the blue ranger is now a documentarian!

But yeah, I was just joking at an example of when something did not turn out ok.

Joking aside, while Aaron Taylor Johnson is a young guy, he certainly doesn't look it.

Dude "looks" old enough to play Kraven. 

Tenet Algorithm Explained - Den of Geek

And someone was talking about it being a Kraven origin, that part ticks me off a bit more because it goes against the whole story of Kraven. He needs to have many years of hunting on him. He's basically the same character as General Zaroff in "The Most Dangerous Game", who has grown tired of how easy it is to hunt animals that he seeks a greater challenge. 

31 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

I'm open to this casting, however I would like to see them quit casting actors in more than one role in the wider MCU.  Also, in my opinion, AT-J is much too young for this role.  Many of the "cool" early Spidey villains set up an "older, experienced" villain vs. a high school kid.  Vulture, Doc Ock, Kraven were all like this and it worked as a dynamic.  I thought Mysterio in "Far From Home" captured that, although he (spoiler alert) posed as a mentor for a while.  So we'll see - I'm predisposed to liking the MCU movies, so they have some work to do to disappoint me.

@therealsilvermane - report to aisle 4 and clean up this mess

Edited by paperheart

The Kraven production is currently undergoing a casting search for an actor to play Chameleon, a villain in the upcoming solo film.

There has been a cascade of news in 2021 for Sony Pictures as they reconfigure their film slate after the world stood still in 2020. Morbius has a new release date, while fans have already gotten their first look at Venom: Let There Be Carnage in a new trailer, and according to rumors the first trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home is right around the corner.

Throughout last year, we at The Illuminerdi have been tracking the developing Kraven spin-off religiously. Early in 2020, we reported on the project being in rapid development behind the scenes and learned that they had ambitions to tie it to their developing Spider-Man universe at Sony. During the casting process we found that John Wick star Keanu Reeves had been offered the role and later Skylar Schuler of Disinsider confirmed that he had passed on playing Kraven. Finally it was revealed last month that Avengers: Age of Ultron star Aaron Taylor-Johnson had accepted the role of the infamous big game hunter.

Russell Crowe will join Sony’s Marvel movie Kraven the Hunter.

The Oscar winner will join Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who last year signed a multi-picture deal to play the titular antihero, with the first film slated for a Jan. 13, 2023 release. Story details, including Crowe’s role, are being kept in a cage but many of the main characters are said to be Kraven’s family members.

J.C. Chandor is directing the film from a screenplay by Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Richard Wenk. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, RickSp said:

I’d be surprised if it’s the obvious choice of some sort of father figure, maybe the chameleon if that’s to be the villain of the film?

Agree with this.

That said, I'd be *all about* a Kraven's Last Hunt storyline with Crowe as the titular aging Russian - even better if they pulled a Batman Begins-style Ra's Al Ghul twist where we discover he's the true Kraven.

Russell Crowe joined the cast of Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie earlier this month and it looks like his role may have finally been revealed. A new report suggests Crowe will be playing Nikolai Kravinoff, the father of the eponymous Spider-Man villain. The report comes from The Illuminerdi, which suggests Crowe may have a pretty sizable role in the feature.

In the Marvel source material, Kravinoff is the father of both Kraven and Chameleon, the latter being a kid the Russian had out of wedlock. Kraven is being played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson while Sony just cast Fred Hechinger (White Lotus) to star as Chameleon.

Kraven has long been a character filmmakers have wanted to bring into live-action, with Spider-Man writer Chris McKenna previously revealing he and his writing partner Erik Sommers have included the character in a draft for every -script of their MCU trilogy.