• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: ANDOR show (TBD)

133 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 3:12 PM, s-man said:

Good build up in the story and I like the lead actor more in this then I did in RO.  Already better then BoBF.

No gloss in the first three episodes, and I doubt we will get any. Thank god. 

Here is my small review.

It IS slow in the beginning. The first two episodes especially. However the action pays off well in episode 3. (These are 3 episode arcs, so keep that in mind.)

The characters aren't the typical larger than life action figures. This will most certainly turn some people off, and others will adore it.

The cinematography, and production value and actors are all fantastic. Some of these elements are often above any other Star Wars TV show to date. 

But still, I can't help but hope things pick up a bit more. Good news, is all signs seem to point in that direction.

A very solid thumbs up with the first two a bit too slow at times for my taste. 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:02 AM, bentbryan said:

Watched the first two eps last night. Like others have said, it’s slow. But the production level is high and so far it’s intriguing. This is not a complaint but I kept forgetting I was watching Star Wars. Anyone else?

Same, which isn't a bad thing. 

And, yes, the production level for these first three episodes was great. That was one of the first things that stood out to me. That and the quality of Diego Luna's acting. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Just finished the first three.
I quite enjoyed it.
(did know going in that it was a slow-burn to episode 3)
What hit me during the show is the realization that the SW I fell in love with is dirty / space worn.

There is no sheen here.

Also, whilst I appreciate 'the volume' as a filming tool it pales in comparison to the 'lived-in' city set in this show.
It especially pays off in the third episode.

Edited by troy.division
syntax

On 9/22/2022 at 9:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dump one of the guys who gave us The Mandalorian?

I'd argue Jon Favreau is much more responsible for The Mandalorian than Filoni, but yes, I'll still stand by my statement. I realize this is probably a very unpopular opinion, and I'm not looking to derail this thread, so I'll keep it at that.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 9/22/2022 at 12:13 PM, Tnexus said:

Dump Kathleen Kennedy and Filoni.

Hire Tony Gilroy. This guy finally gets it right. I feel like Andor has the potential to be the best Star Wars anything to date.

Dump one of the guys who gave us The Mandalorian?

and Clone Wars, and Rebels...

But, after BoBF I can understand some complaints. However, he was responsible for the best episodes of that series. 

Not sure if anyone caught it, but episode 4 subtly canonized the Rakatan and their actions from the Knights of the Old Republic. Major Easter egg from a show that seems to pride itself on not beating you over the head with fan service. Very well done. 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, Rip said:

I really liked the 4th episode. This show just looks F-ing amazing!

The acting is just SO good as well. Especially Stellan Skarsgard. There are this little moments with him, details that I just love. 

Agree. Stellar Skateboard has been top notch. The production value continues to be great. 

On 9/29/2022 at 8:05 AM, Jaxxon said:

I watched the first episode last night. Liked it a lot. Some have said it was a little slow, but I didn't think so (maybe that was e02 and e03?).

I was captivated throughout the first three episodes, but there is definitely more action in e03. That may be where the slow build critiques come from.