• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robin # 1 second print newsstand variant

3 posts in this topic

I was just going through E Bay and saw this Robin # 1 second print newsstand variant selling for $175.00 raw and $3,000.00 CGC 9.8. I quickly went through my Robin comics and found one. It has the exact barcode as the 2nd print but looks more like a 1st print newsstand comic. Is there such a thing? On the right side it has "Free Poster Inside" like the 1st print and not "The Adventure Begins" like the 2nd print.

robin 1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mills35 said:

I was just going through E Bay and saw this Robin # 1 second print newsstand variant selling for $175.00 raw and $3,000.00 CGC 9.8. I quickly went through my Robin comics and found one. It has the exact barcode as the 2nd print but looks more like a 1st print newsstand comic. Is there such a thing? On the right side it has "Free Poster Inside" like the 1st print and not "The Adventure Begins" like the 2nd print.

robin 1.jpeg

It's a standard newsstand, worth about $1...the reason the newsstand second prints are worth money (not $3,000, but not nothing) is because they're anomalies that shouldn't exist, and weren't discovered until very recently (by me, by the way!) They weren't saved much at all, and they are very, very hard to find.

The known ones are:

Spiderman #1 Gold

Superman #50

Batman #457

Robin #1

Superman #75 3rd

Superman #75 4th