• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Watterson aka Sam Watterson Calvin and Hobbes original art
6 6

215 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, vodou said:

Without clicking through...looks mucho carby...so it's garbage.

And...

Ingredients:  Corn meal*, rolled oats*, cane sugar*, whole wheat meal*, peanut butter *, Fair Trade dark chocolate chunks* (cane sugar*, unsweetened chocolate*, cocoa butter*, vanilla extract*), molasses*, sunflower oil*, fair trade cocoa powder*oat bran*, barly malt extract*, wheat bran*, flavours* (chocolate, vanilla), sea salt, rice starch, honey*, tocopherols.

So that's sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar...some wheat-junk that is converted to sugar...sugar, sugar, sugar...need I go on? lol

Yeah it’s true.   If you want to have a healthy cereal you eat plain oatmeal and that’s about it

4 hours ago, joefixit2 said:

really disappointed that when I was going to Kent State way long time ago, that I did not know that he lived in the next town over.  Missed opportunity to become a stalker.

Me either. I attended Toledo law school in the late 70’s (I’m old AF)

4 hours ago, Bronty said:

If you want to have a healthy cereal you eat plain oatmeal and that’s about it

There's a reason you and I do not look like...

image.png.d4e95d689daf93359ae1e24d0bb2486c.png

However 'healthy cereal' is an oxymoron. Pass.

Lost those last 10 nasty gut pounds, that weren't coming off even running 5 miles a day, when I cut out oatmeal.

If I'm hungry before lunch to begin with, it's raw fruits/vegetables only.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, vodou said:

There's a reason you and I do not look like...

image.png.d4e95d689daf93359ae1e24d0bb2486c.png

However 'healthy cereal' is an oxymoron. Pass.

Lost those last 10 nasty gut pounds, that weren't coming off even running 5 miles a day, when I cut out oatmeal.

If I'm hungry before lunch to begin with, it's raw fruits/vegetables only.

Cabbage soup Only  for grape ape makes him bitter and H8. But the pounds shed quickly!!!

50 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It's only a print but will probably go for big coin regardless.

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I know. But they still always go for thousands. I’m tempted myself. His works truly were magical 

It IS a great strip and was a fine way to end the "show".

I have the big brown C & H hardcover - the entire C & H.  Good time to start (and finish) it.  

Edited by pemart1966

On 2/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, JadeGiant said:

/\ This /\

You can always view the art at the Bill Ireland > https://cartoons.osu.edu/events/exploring-calvin-and-hobbes/

Thanks. I didn’t know. Next time I visit my brother in Columbus, I am absolutely for sure dragging him here

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

9 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I just now found out there was a way to edit a topic, but I preserved my dumbassery for integrity 

Well, then you deserve this all over again...

giphy-44.gif.cce93fdc8cb247805c0257f9e27b39ce.gif.d762435059c8e1b48d07d64dde809dcc.gif

On 4/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Up to $6240, including BP,  with 3 days left . . . 

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Up to $6240, including BP,  with 3 days left . . . 

Wow, that's a lot for a print which, according to the auction offer, "was sent from Universal Press Syndicate to newspapers that carried the strip." That's a lot of newspapers, thus a lot of prints. Maybe many weren't well preserved, but still...

14 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Wow, that's a lot for a print which, according to the auction offer, "was sent from Universal Press Syndicate to newspapers that carried the strip." That's a lot of newspapers, thus a lot of prints. Maybe many weren't well preserved, but still...

There's value to the Watterson signature, I think.  And I guess there's a sense that this is as close as most of us will ever get.  

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Love Calvin and Hobbes

I have one book signed by him from the Fireside Bookstore in Chagrin Falls, which I go to from time to time, ever watchful for a glimpse of the elusive one. 

I also have this signed sketch in his Tenth Anniversary book that he gave to his dental hygienist, if I recall correctly. 

3D1589F6-1E27-4DAB-83BC-044B4CEBFC38.jpeg

That is just so cool!