• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Watterson aka Sam Watterson Calvin and Hobbes original art
6 6

215 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 8:53 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

oh, good job.  I missed that one.  Actually I've never seen him sign one of his books like that.  Wonder how many of these that are floating around out there.  This one went for $1k.

Looks like one of the softcover books that he would secretly sign at his local bookstore before people found out about it?  Not sure how many of those there were, but I believe people were selling them and that's why he stopped doing that as well.  I'm sure it would be difficult to authenticate.  

On 1/15/2023 at 11:41 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

No words

703649E4-2F52-44E7-AE11-0EB053C582AF.jpeg

It can't make collectors of the limited numbered edition happy to know that there are additional signed copies floating around (assuming they're authentic).  Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a limited numbered run.

I own one (numbered, no letter though) and am ok with that result. Had no idea unnumbered but signed ones were floating around. Maybe a one off or just a few?

I wasn't even sure a #'d print would go for that amount. It's a very nice print and is signed... but as someone said earlier in the thread - it is still a print!

20230115_193005.jpg

Edited by yecul

On 6/28/2023 at 8:17 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Did I mention I’m a fan? :bigsmile:

Schulz was my childhood and Watterson was my teens. This has been the end goal of my time collecting and having original strips from these two in my collection is very satisfying. 

IMG_3224.jpeg

Did you just pick up the sunglasses strip?

On 6/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Schulz was my childhood and Watterson was my teens. This has been the end goal of my time collecting and having original strips from these two in my collection is very satisfying. 

IMG_3224.jpeg

:applause:<tear> :applause:

Congrats!  That is just outstanding.  I remember reading that exact strip when it came out.  I still sometimes think about it when I put sunglasses on.  lol

On 6/28/2023 at 8:17 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_3224.jpeg

Nice pickup, Rick!  (thumbsu