• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Watterson aka Sam Watterson Calvin and Hobbes original art
6 6

215 posts in this topic

I predicted + $100 k.

Thats the standard, condition be damned. It’s a great strip. But maybe a lesson learned? If you’re going to be the caretaker of something that rare mind how you frame it and where you display it! 
That damage was an unforced error. I know the new owner will do the right thing.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, mtlevy1 said:

You can have it conserved and whitened for well under $1,000 so you can still buy it!

I hope this was your piece. I had remorse for my comment above and hoped it wouldn’t affect the sale, should the consignor have turned out to be you. Turns out I needn’t have worried 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I hope this was your piece. I had remorse for my comment above and hoped it wouldn’t affect the sale, should the consignor have turned out to be you. Turns out I needn’t have worried 

I wish it was but on the other hand unless I had 2, I wouldn't be able to sell one...I have a signature but not a strip!

On 9/9/2021 at 11:31 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I wouldn't think twice about your comment.  It is always fine to state your opinion on an item as long as you are doing it honestly which you were. (thumbsu

On 9/14/2021 at 7:31 PM, Robservations247 said:

I have reached out to a few folks already - I’d like to compile an inventory of owners for the 1,000 signed lithographs. Likely through word of mouth.  

Before I get too far, does anyone know if CGC or another org is already doing this? 

That would be cool. I'm glad to have his autograph for a fraction of the cost.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, darkness7 said:

The signature looks fake, doesn't match up to even the one printed in the book next to it.

On 8/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

A3ACA7E4-AF10-41A4-868B-C881764F7BA0.jpeg

B7F3AE25-5F6A-487B-8A18-770F468D5F07.jpeg

I’m dying to know. Was the sad face emoj that was left a few comments back by ExNihlo because he has to choose between buying a car or bidding on a high priced C&H?

Or because in the description this C&H was gifted from Bill W to Gary T and now finds its way at auction for what I also believe will be a record setting 💰 bag? tth2 👍

On 8/21/2022 at 8:00 PM, tth2 said:

I predict the piece will set a new record for a public C&H sale, despite the impending OA market armageddon.

I’ll tell ya without more context I’m loathe to make judgements here. But I dream up an imaginary situation where Todd McFarlane gifts a splash page McSpidey to a fellow artist of high regard and stature. And years later Todd sees a Heritage Brochure with that gift art for sale.

I’m guessing if in the description it didn’t read “all proceeds go to charity” McFarlane might be sorely chapped.

Again I know not the situation here so this all tongue and cheek. Of course in the end if you own it you can do as you like.

I’m guessing it’s being sold for a good reason.