• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Godzilla (1977) Club
1 1

137 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Practically impossible to upgrade my registry set after this pickup.

This is critical information sharing lol and good to know. I'll stick with 9.4s/9.6s then and add this to my don't compete for top spots bucket runs of Werewolf by Night and Dracula runs. Fits in very nicely (thumbsu

On 2/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

This is critical information sharing lol and good to know. I'll stick with 9.4s/9.6s then and add this to my don't compete for top spots bucket runs of Werewolf by Night and Dracula runs. Fits in very nicely (thumbsu

lol

There is some great price data and perspective early on in this thread!

@Xenosmilus  I have a full run of ungraded Godzilla and have been on the fence for awhile now as to adding a registry run/which grade to target. Typically my objective in this case would be to have all the same grade. For a longer run, say Caps 100-400's, I would break up sections into anything above issue 300 a 9.8; anything above 250, a 9.6 etc.

This is not news for any of you but there are definitely some unicorn 9.8 Godzillas out there to be had. When you add SS into the mix, it just takes it up to a whole new level of scarcity and cost. I'm finding allot of value in 9.4/9.6 slabs for my other monster theme runs, WWBN, TOD, etc. 

But pricing of Godzilla 9.8's definitely has been on a major uptick and trend the last year+. Kudos to you guys for getting in when you did. 

I have some incredible Godzilla memories from the 70s. Probably my favorite one was being lucky enough to go to the theatrical re-release of Godzilla vs. King Kong. It was a very cloudy day and ended up raining but the line was super long and the theatre was jam packed. We were just completely mesmerized.

In general I don't know specifically what it was about all the Godzilla movies from that time period, maybe being so young but in terms of the comic book transcribing to the movie screen vs. the limitless possibilities of your own imagination as you read the comics, the awesomeness came pretty close between the two mediums.