• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Godzilla (1977) Club
1 1

132 posts in this topic

I did a quick look see and Godzilla #24 is still low on the census with a total of 10 9.8 copies (up from 6???).  The biggest increase has been #15 over the past year or so from a total of 3 to 12! Another notable increase has been #17 which has increased up to a total of 12 also (I think it was around 7 or so a year ago?). Not a big increase in registered sets though 67 to 68 I believe?

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 9/24/2020 at 11:35 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I did a quick look see and Godzilla #24 is still low on the census with a total of 10 9.8 copies (up from 6???).  The biggest increase has been #15 over the past year or so from a total of 3 to 12! Another notable increase has been #17 which has increased up to a total of 12 also (I think it was around 7 or so a year ago?). Not a big increase in registered sets though 67 to 68 I believe?

Out of those ten copies I think I owned 3 of them at one time. 

On 4/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, Jordysnordy said:

24 should have 1 less blue label as my blue went to yellow - not through CGC so the census was never corrected.

Even got a PQ bump lol 

D04A1479-137D-4733-9E52-92DDFFC29B56.jpeg

E838333C-FB31-4EE1-A5A6-8A723627702B.jpeg

How long did it take the magic slab to transform the off-white pages into pure white ones?  Has anyone researched to see if this is a one off or can it be that resting a few years in a sacred slab can produce mior miracles like this?

On 11/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, shadroch said:

How long did it take the magic slab to transform the off-white pages into pure white ones?  Has anyone researched to see if this is a one off or can it be that resting a few years in a sacred slab can produce mior miracles like this?

I'd guess a mistake was made one of the 2 time it was graded OR the standards have changed over time

On 11/12/2021 at 1:49 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Godzilla fighting the NYC rat was mine :headbang:

Was it #23 or #24 when Thor and Godzilla have the reverse type tug of war with the Empire State Building. My favorite 'moment" of the series.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, shadroch said:

About 4 years plus a super press from @Rich_Hennafter he got it signed lol

On 11/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, shadroch said:

I always thought the perfect sig placement was on the case with the blue label intact.

And while you are at it you can cross out those unsightly PQ and write your own in crayon.......

On 11/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, MAR1979 said:

Was it #23 or #24 when Thor and Godzilla have the reverse type tug of war with the Empire State Building. My favorite 'moment" of the series.

It’s 24. Those last 2 issues are kind of like a homage to FF 25 and 26, with the FF and Avengers taking on the Hulk in NYC. Nice touch by a creative team of Marvel veterans (Moench/Trimpe/Green) who grew up on Stan and Jack.