• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Godzilla (1977) Club
1 1

138 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 11:23 PM, Xenosmilus said:

July auctions results, looks like there were some price corrections.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.19.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.19.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.19.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.19.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.20.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.20.18 PM.png

I'm shocked your $5 bids failed to net a single win, Shocked I tell you.

Agreed on the correction which has occurred on most. #22 is a surprise figured that would be lower.  #20 sold for $600 LESS than the last one on Comiclink 3 months ago. Seriously who thought paying $750 for that issue was a good idea :)

#23 good to see that getting love. From a pop-culture standpoint it is the most significant issue in the run. I believe it is the only Bronze Age Comic Book to feature what today are 2 huge film franchises on the same cover.

I am a bit biased of course on #23 owning multiple 9.8's included the first one to appear on the census.

Edited by MAR1979

Coming soon to this thread my 1st ever comic Godzilla 2 which is at CGC being graded now. This book started my love for this title.

The book I sent in is a very loved copy and CGC will probably :roflmao:when they grade it and wonder what weirdo would send this in and spend money to grade it.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:57 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Coming soon to this thread my 1st ever comic Godzilla 2 which is at CGC being graded now. This book started my love for this title.

The book I sent in is a very loved copy and CGC will probably :roflmao:when they grade it and wonder what weirdo would send this in and spend money to grade it.

So, predict the grade !?! Will it be the lowest in the census?:roflmao:

What in the heck?  I was perfectly happy, never knowing about the existence of this topic.  Then today a random search lead me here, and now I need to start buying graded Godzilla comics...

Are 9.6s or 9.4s noticeably worse than 9.8s?

On 6/8/2023 at 2:32 PM, Gus Landt said:

What in the heck?  I was perfectly happy, never knowing about the existence of this topic.  Then today a random search lead me here, and now I need to start buying graded Godzilla comics...

Are 9.6s or 9.4s noticeably worse than 9.8s?

For some yes. I did my run in 9.8 as it's only 24 books and not a huge financial commitment compared to other titles.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:03 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Shockingly enough there is 1 0.5 on the census and I don’t see how mine can top that.

Rip a page out.

Why people don’t page count before subbing is beyond me.