• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Allentown thread...
4 4

139 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

wonderworld8.jpg

Along with Wonderworld 7, I have personally always considered these 2 classic covers to be head and shoulders above the rest of the covers in the Wonderworld run.  :luhv:  :takeit:

Much more difficult to choose when it came to the early Mystery Men #1 through #11 run though, since they just had so many absolutely gorgeous and colorful covers in there.  :cloud9:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Along with Wonderworld 7, I have personally always considered these 2 classic covers to be head and shoulders above the rest of the covers in the Wonderworld run.  :luhv:  :takeit:

Much more difficult to choose when it came to the early Mystery Men #1 through #11 run though, since they just had so many absolutely gorgeous and colorful covers in there.  :cloud9:

I agree. Wonderworld 7 is actually my favorite Lou Fine cover of all.

16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I agree. Wonderworld 7 is actually my favorite Lou Fine cover of all.

So, which pedigree copy of Wonderworld 7 would you have in your personal collection then?  hm

As for me, there's just so many beautiful and classic Lou Fine covers that it's simply too hard for me to choose just one of them.  :luhv:

Although there still does appear to be some underappreciated ones like Hit Comics #1, and in particular, still buried and waiting to be broken out ones like the absolutely stunning all-red Jumbo Comics 11 cover.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

So, which pedigree copy of Wonderworld 7 would you have in your personal collection then?  hm

I owned the Church copy in the mid 80s. Sold it to pay for a move. We all saw it sell in the Berk auction. I wish I had more money.

I owned the Allentown for about a day. Paid a ton for it at a San Diego show, then got offered a huge ton at the show and sold it. That guy still has it.

Lucked into the S copy (those grease pencil S books that started showing up in the early 90s). I have managed to keep that one.