• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Allentown thread...
4 4

139 posts in this topic

I have a Jumbo Comics #113 in 9.4 that I purchased from a collector who claims it is from the Allentown pedigree.  Not marked as such on the slab.  Is there an authoritative list of the Allentown books?  Is there any way to tell if this book is actually from the Allentown pedigree?  I love the book either way - just curious...

jumbo113.jpg

43 minutes ago, mlansdown said:

I have a Jumbo Comics #113 in 9.4 that I purchased from a collector who claims it is from the Allentown pedigree.  Not marked as such on the slab.  Is there an authoritative list of the Allentown books?  Is there any way to tell if this book is actually from the Allentown pedigree?  I love the book either way - just curious...

jumbo113.jpg

I would e-mail Stephen Fishler from Metto or James Payette of Rare Books with pics of the book. 

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

What was the date range for Allentowns?

'39 to '48 from what i have read (though the bulk of the books are from '39 to '42 if i'm correct,  -and if i'm not i'm sure i will be schooled :D )

3 hours ago, mlansdown said:

jumbo113.jpg

That one isn't on the list I have, and is much later than any other books in the collection. 

4 hours ago, mlansdown said:

jumbo113.jpg

Much too late to be an Allentown

1 hour ago, buttock said:
5 hours ago, mlansdown said:

jumbo113.jpg

That one isn't on the list I have, and is much later than any other books in the collection. 

+1

Based upon my list of the 135 books, it definitely looks like this late issue of Jumbo Comics is not on the Master Allentown Collection List.  (thumbsu

Then again, it's quite possible the list might not have been 100% accurate (or a possible simple typo) since I saw another book posted here already that's been slabbed by CGC as an Allentown Copy, but yet does not show up on their Master List.   I believe the Allentown Collection is only supposed to have 10 Fiction House books in there, but if you include this one here, it would bring it to a total of 12 Fiction House books.  ???  (shrug)