• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any love for the old Nintendo Power Magazines?
1 1

90 posts in this topic

A Nintendo Power #1 CGC 9.4 just sold for $24,000 (with 20% buyers premium) on Heritage Auctions. It's the highest grade copy, 4 of them of 219 graded. A #31 graded 9.4 (4 graded higher) sold for $4,080.  The market for high grade copies of these seems to be strong.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:41 PM, 80sFan said:

A Nintendo Power #1 CGC 9.4 just sold for $24,000 (with 20% buyers premium) on Heritage Auctions. It's the highest grade copy, 4 of them of 219 graded. A #31 graded 9.4 (4 graded higher) sold for $4,080.  The market for high grade copies of these seems to be strong.

I bet these can still be found in the wild, not high grade but mid grade‼️👍

On 12/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, Jayman said:

BTW, if anyone has HBOMax, I highly recommend watching 8 Bit Christmas. Centers around a kid wanting a Nintendo system. Pretty funny! (thumbsu

I had a prescreen pass last year but the holidays kept me down. They do prescreens of streaming stuff, but it's usually only the first or first 2 episodes :(

It would have been nice to see a Complete film!

On 11/8/2022 at 8:17 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I bet these can still be found in the wild, not high grade but mid grade‼️👍

Where would you look for them? Even the DVD places and game stores that I go to seem to have more comics than magazines. :(

On 12/5/2022 at 5:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lucky to pick one up for under $200, even a raw lol

Nintendo Sample Copy

2022_12_05 4_23 PM Office Lens.jpg

2022_12_05 4_25 PM Office Lens.jpg

I also have it over in spare a grade,

With more pics available, if anyone wants to try and guess lol

On 12/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had a prescreen pass last year but the holidays kept me down. They do prescreens of streaming stuff, but it's usually only the first or first 2 episodes :(

It would have been nice to see a Complete film!

I’ll probably watch it again this year too! 👍

On 12/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 12/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, JECEcollectibles said:

9.8 just hit the census!

Was it sample #1 or regular?

Well you're ahead of the curve, somehow, was it your book?

Sheesh, I had immediately looked at the census and didn't see it, and here cgc posted about it on social! lol

Screenshot_20221212-154533_Facebook.jpg

On 12/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well you're ahead of the curve, somehow, was it your book?

Sheesh, I had immediately looked at the census and didn't see it, and here cgc posted about it on social! lol

Screenshot_20221212-154533_Facebook.jpg

It was not mine. I wish! I'm on another message board with the person that did submit it and he let us know that he got a 9.8. Lucky, lucky guy!

The nostalgia on this thread is THICK... oh my... i need to ask my brother if he kept any of his Nintendo Power magazine... i used to collect them all but I think around college age, I had to make room for my 1990's comics (UGH, I know!) and I might have thrown them out 😭

Congrats those who kept theirs or found old ones to buy. They are so valuable now!

The Nintendo Power #1 9.8 is now live at Heritage Auctions. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. Also interesting that the Mario Bros. movie is coming out next Wednesday. I think it might have been better to wait until the movie had been out for a 3-4 weeks and list next month, but the movie release still should help.

Curious question in Nintendo power and other retro gaming mags for grading…. Obviously inserts like posters and such need to be intact I know. But Do subscription renewal insert cards need to be intact for a blue label grade? Is the magazine considered incomplete without them? 

On 4/12/2023 at 7:44 PM, Doctor Fate, PhD said:

Curious question in Nintendo power and other retro gaming mags for grading…. Obviously inserts like posters and such need to be intact I know. But Do subscription renewal insert cards need to be intact for a blue label grade? Is the magazine considered incomplete without them? 

Here's one from eBay that got a qualified grade because the subscription insert was missing. If it's partially torn, I'm not sure. I have a few issues of NP that have half-torn inserts but have not submitted any yet.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 7.10.51 PM.png