• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2, March 26-28, 2021, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
1 1

39 posts in this topic

Interesting. A vaccine announcement happens and the first of the big cons locks in a new date at the end of 2021. That might be a smart move to grab a date towards the end of the year. As many as 100 million Americans could be inoculated by then including a large percentage of the high risk individuals. I’m looking forward to seeing how the other cons react to this. 

On 11/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, BriD. said:

Anyone know if there will be onsite grading this time around? Or if CGC will be there at all? I don't see them on the exhibitor list. Also I don't see C2E2 on the CGC events page so I'm guessing they're skipping this one.

No onsite grading this year.  They didn't do Baltimore either and attendance was way down.  

On 11/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, Kevin76 said:

No onsite grading this year.  They didn't do Baltimore either and attendance was way down.  

I attended Baltimore this year hoping that was gonna happen. But alas...

Since CGC isn't attending C2E2 this year, any idea w which authorized vendors will be? 

Well, I was all set to attend but now they insist I download a phone app to prove my vaccination status, so I'm not going.

I'm triple-vaxxed and would be happy to show proof of that but I'm not downloading some 3rd party phone app.

What if an attendee doesn't have a smart phone?

On 12/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

Well, I was all set to attend but now they insist I download a phone app to prove my vaccination status, so I'm not going.

I'm triple-vaxxed and would be happy to show proof of that but I'm not downloading some 3rd party phone app.

What if an attendee doesn't have a smart phone?

I don't think you have to use the app. I think it's just a way to confirm your status ahead of time. Then they scan the code and you get in faster. Otherwise you have to stand in more lines for them to check your status so longer wait to get in

On 12/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, BriD. said:

I don't think you have to use the app. I think it's just a way to confirm your status ahead of time. Then they scan the code and you get in faster. Otherwise you have to stand in more lines for them to check your status so longer wait to get in

I'm still looking into it. The email says it's mandatory but the website says there will be "alternate methods" available for those who "cannot access the CLEAR app".
If my card isn't good enough I will turn around and go home.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

I'm still looking into it. The email says it's mandatory but the website says there will be "alternate methods" available for those who "cannot access the CLEAR app".

Here's the other option they have for fully vaxxed attendees. I'm not sure if you'd have to do this every day or just the first day you go

Screenshot_20211205-152844.png

On 12/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, BriD. said:

Here's the other option they have for fully vaxxed attendees. I'm not sure if you'd have to do this every day or just the first day you go

That looks like a little different than the wording in the email, hopefully they felt they needed to clarify this was an option.

This makes me feel a little better. I've already had a couple other people with tickets ask me about this, so I'll let them know it looks like legit vax cards are going to be good enough.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, BriD. said:

Is this option (show them your card) only for outside-US vaccinations?

On 12/8/2021 at 4:03 PM, manetteska said:

I think anyone 5 and up in the US can use this option. Possibly it's the only option for anyone outside the US. The app might not be available to them

On 12/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

If I can quell your concerns, Clear is a very legit business. They're in almost every major airport in the country and is a partner with TSA and CBP in streaming your way through customs or TSA Pre-Check.

Several stadiums and sports teams also use Clear for vaccination clearance. They've already released their CBP passport app for iOS and are preparing the Android version too. You basically take a picture of your passport while on the plane or cruise ship and make your declarations. The app generates a receipt and your time going through customs is cut in half. 

I'm saying this as someone who's experienced the advantage of having Clear (using it when I fly to C2E2 this weekend).

The Health portion basically becomes your vaccine card. No longer have to worry about forgetting the card or it tearing up. It'll contain all you need to prove everything. 

With the rise of fraudulent cards, many are implementing something like this. Hell, even Louisiana has it built into its wallet app. 

On 12/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, BriD. said:
On 12/8/2021 at 4:03 PM, manetteska said:

I think anyone 5 and up in the US can use this option. Possibly it's the only option for anyone outside the US. The app might not be available to them

I think so, too. I went back and re-read it; it's a bit clunky but I believe it's saying you can bring the card (a picture?).

I have an extra 3 day pass available. If anyone is interested send me a DM ! :banana:

Make me an offer, would need to discuss how to arrange the pickup. I'm in Chicago and I'll be at the con all three days but only the afternoon on Friday.

I work in the river north area and will be there until 2 tomorrow. Could possibly pick up there.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:45 AM, TheoW said:

If I can quell your concerns, Clear is a very legit business. They're in almost every major airport in the country and is a partner with TSA and CBP in streaming your way through customs or TSA Pre-Check.

Several stadiums and sports teams also use Clear for vaccination clearance. They've already released their CBP passport app for iOS and are preparing the Android version too. You basically take a picture of your passport while on the plane or cruise ship and make your declarations. The app generates a receipt and your time going through customs is cut in half. 

I'm saying this as someone who's experienced the advantage of having Clear (using it when I fly to C2E2 this weekend).

The Health portion basically becomes your vaccine card. No longer have to worry about forgetting the card or it tearing up. It'll contain all you need to prove everything. 

With the rise of fraudulent cards, many are implementing something like this. Hell, even Louisiana has it built into its wallet app. 

Yeah... no.

Anyone read the terms?  There's a section on collecting bio-metric information, including fingerprint and iris scans.  Sure, maybe that's not required for this show, but no thank you.

What's just as bad is that they collect your email address AND phone number BEFORE you can even agree to the terms.

I work in IT.  That's shady behavior so they can make their buck on selling YOUR information.