• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129...Thoughts?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This is a book I am considering buying. It is grade but I’m wondering if you guys see anything here that could bump it after pressing and potentially a clean to the back.

If you’d be so kind, gimme and idea where it’s at now (you can also prepare for the March Madness contest!) and if you think a press would help!

Notable defects: lower right hand crease, wear to lower leading edge of cover, small tear near top staple, dirtied back cover and wrinkling at the bottom left of the back.

Thanks everyone! 

98F777CB-B2A0-4441-B2A4-794DD9E5F2A4.jpeg

626C7373-BBF4-4821-B39B-BA8D9174190E.jpeg

62E419D9-676B-4CC0-B6DB-BF90DBCDDDE2.jpeg

A1E5A4BB-6801-4238-B847-60EB4D8B6C14.jpeg

EF3422D0-3E8F-4C5F-A4C2-8A62CC56A96B.jpeg

Edited by comicginger1789

Looks about 6.0 

cleaning of the back cover will improve the overall appearance but hard to see if some of the other flaws are pressable aside from the obvious bends on the back

Yikes guys, I'm seeing 4.0 at best right now. There seems to be a fair amount of creasing on both sides, most of it color-breaking. I could be wrong, but with the color loss on the creases and the frayed edges I'm not sure pressing will improve it more than .5 or so.

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Yikes guys, I'm seeing 4.0 at best right now. There seems to be a fair amount of creasing on both sides, most of it color-breaking. I could be wrong, but with the color loss on the creases and the frayed edges I'm not sure pressing will improve it more than .5 or so.

This. If the OP is buying this based on possible untapped corrective potential, I would advise him not to consider this one. For every flaw that may benefit from a press, there are several that simply will not.