• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May the Force be with you! Star Wars Signature Series Thread!
7 7

438 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, troy.division said:

Recently updated myslabbedcomics profile and realized I never posted this.
Purchased last year.
Signed by Carrie Fisher...in black on top of the cover image...

Princess Leia #1 signed by Carrie Fisher.jpg

Nice addition!  I always liked that cover by Mark Brooks,  Congrats! 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Been a bit busy with life stuff, mostly dealing with mom's health issues, but I wanted to post this beauty I picked up from @jonjesperback in early August. It was one of two OT "grails" I had remaining, so now that list is down to a Harrison Ford signed action figure variant. I have a Harrison Ford signed photo variant I'd be willing to trade for an action figure variant - I'd be most interested in Star Wars #2. I'm so thankful he could part with this. Anyway, here's my Star Wars #6 Action Figure Variant signed by Kenny Baker:

scan0046.jpg

Sent you a PM!

On 12/6/2022 at 7:26 AM, celluloidbuff said:

A million thanks to @OV for his response to my post in a different Want to Buy thread who offered me this beauty. I like the blue ink sig - it really pops.

I can't thank you enough. That grail completes my OT main cast AFV collection. Always wanting to add more as opportunity comes my way. Still quite a few Fords (and Hamills) I'd like to get signed. Will try to get in on Twin Cities' Ford signing for one or two more AFV books, but it's hard to spend so much on myself this time of year when there are Christmas presents to buy. Talk about bad timing. 

scan0003.jpg

(worship)

Awesome!  Congrats!

On 12/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Darth Sidious himself... Ian McDiarmid!

Darth Sidious - 1.jpg

I love when you can convince them to add their character name (either in-person or through a facilitator). A great facilitator for this is @Par2ch, as he'll ask for you if that's what you want, and he seems to have great success with it.

Some of the bigger names are charging hundreds extra for that little bit of time scribbling (*cough* McGregor, *cough* Ford).

I loved this whole Galactic Icons variant collection. It's a really attractive set and something I might pursue in the vein of my action figure variant collection trying to get actor sigs.

Need more cons though! I haven't been to one since SWCA in May, mostly due to my mom's health issues. I do have Planet booked, hotel secured. Crossing fingers nothing serious keeps me away in March '23. 

On 12/14/2022 at 1:38 PM, celluloidbuff said:

I love when you can convince them to add their character name (either in-person or through a facilitator). A great facilitator for this is @Par2ch, as he'll ask for you if that's what you want, and he seems to have great success with it.

Some of the bigger names are charging hundreds extra for that little bit of time scribbling (*cough* McGregor, *cough* Ford).

I loved this whole Galactic Icons variant collection. It's a really attractive set and something I might pursue in the vein of my action figure variant collection trying to get actor sigs.

Need more cons though! I haven't been to one since SWCA in May, mostly due to my mom's health issues. I do have Planet booked, hotel secured. Crossing fingers nothing serious keeps me away in March '23. 

It is nice when a celebrity at least adds their character name without charging you for it.  

The Galactic Icons variants by Rod Reis are pretty nice.  Ian McDiarmid is the first one I had sign one of those variants.  And even though the variants are all head shots, there appears to be enough room for signatures where hopefully you don't get a signature all over a character's face.   

Planet Comicon should be a good show - they seem to always have a decent lineup.  It's definitely one I would like to attend someday.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:32 PM, kalanye said:

Anyone planning on getting the Sam Jackson or Harrison Ford sig opportunities coming up? I’d love to get either but pricing is out of reach for me right now.

Hopefully we will see some new signature additions from either of them posted here of the Star Wars kind!  

Their prices are definitely steep.  And coming around the same time as Hugh Jackman's signing... tough choices to make.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:13 PM, CJGRPokeRips said:

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows the value of this comic. Its a CGC signature series 9.8 Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1995) Second Printing signed by 9 of the original cast members. Ian McDiarmid isnt on the label. Sent in a request with CGC to get that corrected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P_20230215_094015.jpg

I would love to get Mark Hamill added to this. But probably wont happen

On 2/20/2023 at 9:13 AM, CJGRPokeRips said:

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows the value of this comic. Its a CGC signature series 9.8 Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1995) Second Printing signed by 9 of the original cast members. Ian McDiarmid isnt on the label. Sent in a request with CGC to get that corrected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P_20230215_094015.jpg

Beautiful book. The gold sigs are awesome. Really hard to put a price on this. Hopefully a few k. Missing the big 3. Still a super awesome book.