• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

287 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2024 at 10:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

That's a shame. :cry:

I thought Hemsworth was A+ outstanding in the film, way better than any THOR movie!

Best villains are the ones you hate and then laugh with in the same movie.

I didn't hate him or think he was funny. He was Generic 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 4:00 PM, aardvark88 said:

Creepy 'Crow' reboot movie trailer. 'Furiosa' is a perfectly fine action Road Warrior movie. Nice tie in to the 'Fury Road' up to the end. Am sure Anya Taylor-Joy made plenty of loot based on how few words she spoke in this movie. 8/10.

^

THIS, ALL OF THIS!!!

Edited by The Brain

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 3:10 PM, drmccoy74 said:

I didn't hate him or think he was funny. He was Generic 

Really? That stinks cause I thought it was one of his best performances of his career. 

Made Thor look High School Level acting.

I am as jaded as they come, and I think he made the movie.  IMO on of the best villains I have seen on screen in 10 years.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/28/2024 at 7:33 AM, media_junkie said:

I've heard good things about this movie, but honestly I'm not surprised it isn't doing big numbers at the box office.  It is a prequel to a movie that came out 9 years ago (2015) that broke even at the box office.

So now they make a prequel about (and I use this term loosely) a side character (although lets be real Furiosa was the main character in Mad Max: Fury Road, it wasn't Max himself) from a 9 year old film and they spend more money making this prequel than they did the first one.

I'm not saying this is a bad film, but wow the execs at the studios really need to look at budgets.

Would be fun to see the Pitch Meeting for this one

xD

Idk

It started off vibrant but then got a little bland. It was decent though. Nothing really to write home about I guess, missing panache, pizzazz or other, but it had its decent moments, if even they were bloody shockers.

Which makes this absolutely NO REASON to see this in imax, but it had its moments I guess.

6074692_Full_Rev.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 4:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Idk

It started off vibrant but then got a little bland. It was decent though. Nothing really to write home about I guess, missing panache, pizzazz or other, but it had its decent moments, if even they were bloody shockers.

Which makes this absolutely NO REASON to see this in imax, but it had its moments I guess.

6074692_Full_Rev.jpg

Saw it yesterday. I agree it has its moments, but didn't really hit the mark for me. It felt a lot more CGI than Fury Road which bummed me out a bit. I think what also annoyed me is there's two major moments that happen in the movie that they just gloss over and say. "Oh yeah, that happened. Anyway..." There wasn't any standout moment for me either like the last one.

Edited by Tnexus

Yea think if fury road hadn't come out, this would have been great. But rly no comparison. Felt the pacing was off. Started off great but petered off towards the end. The last 20min was draggy. Still awesome action scenes.  Chris Helmsworth had simply too much fun in this movie. He was a standout. Anya was good too. Overall fury was 5/5 for me. This was a 3.5 compared to that. 4/5 if there wasn't  a fury road. Overall still a fun watch. 

On 6/1/2024 at 10:29 PM, Darwination said:

Hollywood: Please save us, Marvel Jesus

65cc6e16826ee.jpeg

I'm starting to wonder if even this movie will be big (like over $1 billion big).  I think it will be the movie that makes the most at the box office this year, but based on what we have seen so far from ticket results will this one hit the big "B"?

Posted (edited)

I started to watch this movie, then after about 45 minutes it just lost my interest and I gave up. (Anya Taylor-Joy had not appeared in the film yet). 

Agree with the above comment that Hemsworth's character was "generic"

Edited by Artboy99

On 6/2/2024 at 6:03 AM, Artboy99 said:

I started to watch this movie, then after about 45 minutes it just lost my interest and I gave up. (Anya Taylor-Joy had not appeared in the film yet). 

Agree with the above comment that Hemsworth's character was "generic"

Keep watching. I liked it. 4/5

Generally heard good things about this movie. However, I have little desire to see it. I think for a lot of guys around my age, the main problem is that a mad-max movie without max is of little interest. Just give me one more with old-max.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:36 AM, piper said:

Keep watching. I liked it. 4/5

So many videos on Youtube proclaiming this is failing because of "Girl Power" yet it's much of the characters that were celebrated in Fury Road without a focus on Mad Max directly.

Bummer to see people forcing themselves to dislike something over that assumption.

On 6/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

So many videos on Youtube proclaiming this is failing because of "Girl Power" yet it's much of the characters that were celebrated in Fury Road without a focus on Mad Max directly.

Bummer to see people forcing themselves to dislike something over that assumption.

There was lots of "girl power" in Fury Road, nobody seemed to mind... although perhaps it makes a difference to have it in capital letters...?