• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I posted this book in another thread and everyone was kind enough to confirm my opinion not to restore this book.

detectivecomics38cgc3.0.jpg

That book looks much better than a 3.0. hail.gif

I recently decided to start working on an early Batman issue run of Det comics 28-38 but after seeing that issue #40 and the Scarecrow cover in the #60-70's I am thinking I may have to amend the bound of the collection. Great books they are just too cool.

I posted this book in another thread and everyone was kind enough to confirm my opinion not to restore this book.

detectivecomics38cgc3.0.jpg

Leave that Baby alone , Sweet book!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice, Very Nice.

don't know if this one has been added to the thread...but here is 'tec 29 ....jon

908120-dect29a.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic. I dream that one day I might own a book like that, but sadly I know it will never happen. Fortunately, I can live vicariously through collectors like yourself. Thanks very much (although I don't know whther to love you or hate you tongue.gif).

That is absolutely fantastic. I dream that one day I might own a book like that, but sadly I know it will never happen. Fortunately, I can live vicariously through collectors like yourself. Thanks very much (although I don't know whther to love you or hate you tongue.gif). Never give up hope gpcove, maybe some day you will find a book like this in someones attic 893crossfingers-thumb.gifFile0225.jpg[/img]

JB,

Dare I ask what the condition of that book is and or is it from a Pedigree it looks amazing.

CW

JB,

Dare I ask what the condition of that book is and or is it from a Pedigree it looks amazing.

CW

bought as a restored book thru Sotheby's years ago....the price was right and the restoration work superior...the cover is just too great...the pre-Robin covers are just wonderful......jb

Never give up hope gpcove, maybe some day you will find a book like this in someones attic 893crossfingers-thumb.gifFile0225.jpg[/img]

That's about the condition level I collect in so you might be right! Still nice though and I'd happily takeit.gif