Vampirella 1 Club
8 8

234 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

This is the best I can do on such short notice...sorry...  

 

SAM_3386.thumb.JPG.555aa5dfac5cb1288b8aa7d0ac1df8e4.JPG

 

 

 

(worship)

I guess I bought your 9.2 undercopy?  Didn't know you had a 9.6.  I almost won one a few months ago when it was listed on eBay.  I was the runner up 2nd highest bidder.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

My lone copy.  This is the first Warran mag that I purchased in 1987 for $25.  It started me on my Warren collection quest.

1094987259_Vampirella1.thumb.jpg.8f2907e47f414092e9dde07757795d1e.jpg

 

 

Sweet looking copy!  Amazing how much this book has appreciated since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Escaflown41 said:

Sweet looking copy!  Amazing how much this book has appreciated since then.

Yes!  Thank you!

I got it at my LCS and it was the only copy of any magazine that he happened to have.  I was familiar with Creepy and Eerie from my younger days (my older brother had a few of the early issues) and was happy to discover this little gem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Escaflown41 said:

I guess I bought your 9.2 undercopy?  Didn't know you had a 9.6.  I almost won one a few months ago when it was listed on eBay.  I was the runner up 2nd highest bidder.  

I thought I recognized your username...that was a nice one!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just hypothetically, if I were to try to join this club what would I be looking at for a book in the 2.0-3.0 range?  I'm not really interested in a high grade copy, but I think a lower grade issue would go nice next to my Creepy #1 and Eerie #2, and I'm wondering how realistic an option that might be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Just hypothetically, if I were to try to join this club what would I be looking at for a book in the 2.0-3.0 range?  I'm not really interested in a high grade copy, but I think a lower grade issue would go nice next to my Creepy #1 and Eerie #2, and I'm wondering how realistic an option that might be.

Prices vary widely at the lower grades.  My first impulse is $200-$300 for the range you indicated.  But every once in a while, you can get a 4.0-5.0 for the same price range.  I think for a complete magazine without pieces missing, you're probably looking at a floor of $150.  2c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Prices vary widely at the lower grades.  My first impulse is $200-$300 for the range you indicated.  But every once in a while, you can get a 4.0-5.0 for the same price range.  I think for a complete magazine without pieces missing, you're probably looking at a floor of $150.  2c

That's about what I was guessing; I really don't want to go much above $250-$300, but I think I am willing to drop that much.  It will be a month or so before I can even start looking, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would agree with this assessment.  Not all low grades are created equal in terms of eye appeal, so with some patience and diligence, you should be able to find an above average vg range around $250. Generally the copies below $200 are much rougher, but maybe you’ll get lucky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wombat said:

Yeah, no.  I might pay $50 or even $100 for something like that, but $200 is nuts. My Creepy #1 isn't much better, but the cover is at least attached.  My Eerie #2 is quite a bit better, and you literally gave that to me for nothing... which I still greatly appreciate!

Creepy_001.jpg

Eerie_002.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8