• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie 23 Club
8 8

180 posts in this topic

That one's been there a while, and will probly stay there a while.  I made fun of it when I first joined, and someone pointed out to me that it had been made fun of previously, so it looks to be just fish bait--though I think it probly contributed to the mindset it would take for people to be willing to place a max bid over $250 for the one I was chasing.

Here's where I posted my messages with the seller about his pricing:

On 3/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, Surfing Alien said:

But then someone with Patience (and a real quick trigger finger!) snagged this BIN last week...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eerie-23-5-0-VG-FN-1969-Warren-/255443932922?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Not 5.0 imho but at that price who cares (shrug)

I'm just stunned they pressed their luck and made an offer.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Stevemmg said:

If you come to the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention in May, I’ll have a few copies to choose from. 

DF16D48A-A421-4243-A595-B1E788A0EC59.thumb.jpeg.d3002d705854361c62aacc7b28d2d0a4.jpeg

If you've never held a "Steve magazine" in hand, you're missing out....If it came from his treasure trove, you've got something special, indeed

On 3/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, Stevemmg said:

If you come to the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention in May, I’ll have a few copies to choose from. 

DF16D48A-A421-4243-A595-B1E788A0EC59.thumb.jpeg.d3002d705854361c62aacc7b28d2d0a4.jpeg

I can't do the convention, but if you have any left over at a reasonable price... well, next Thursday is my birthday.

Just sayin'...

On 3/25/2022 at 1:01 AM, oakman29 said:

I would too! If I was looking for one of those.🤘

I'm looking mostly for vintage Digests (and just to finally do some traveling and talk to some collectors in person after all this craziness) but I am sure the legendary Mag Hoard Magnet will attract me like sack of iron filings :wavingwhiteflag:

On 3/25/2022 at 2:13 PM, wombat said:

If you aren't looking for a high grade copy plenty pop up for sale on ebay way cheaper. 

Apparently there were six copies sold in the month or two before I started looking (February 5) and all six of them went between $50 and $100, so yeah, I was kind of hoping for something in the $100-$150 range, but because it's the last EERIE I need, I was willing to pay what I thought was a stupid price just to secure it.  Fortunately, in many ways, I didn't have to.  Not having to hear the wife shriek was one such silver lining.

But in the six or seven weeks since I've started looking, there's only been this whalehunter with the $600 listing shown above, and crickets--until the one I tried for on Tuesday that went for $255.

Granted, I don't search every day, and I apparently missed a chance to get a beat-up $15 copy that I probly would have been ashamed of buying anyway--but hey, I'm open to PMs if you see anything that won't cost me my pride OR my wife.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, Axe Elf said:

Apparently there were six copies sold in the month or two before I started looking (February 5) and all six of them went between $50 and $100, so yeah, I was kind of hoping for something in the $100-$150 range, but because it's the last EERIE I need, I was willing to pay what I thought was a stupid price just to secure it.  Fortunately, in many ways, I didn't have to.  Not having to hear the wife shriek was one such silver lining.

But in the six or seven weeks since I've started looking, there's only been this whalehunter with the $600 listing shown above, and crickets--until the one I tried for on Tuesday that went for $255.

Granted, I don't search every day, and I apparently missed a chance to get a beat-up $15 copy that I probly would have been ashamed of buying anyway--but hey, I'm open to PMs if you see anything that won't cost me my pride OR my wife.

Wives are so overrated anyway.🤔🤣