• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

740 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The last one in this group is evidently tough to find...

=DC-StrangeAdv54-6.0.jpg.jpg

Any idea why it's supposed to be hard to find?  I grabbed this copy at my LCS today.

Interestingly, there's a two-part story that started in the previous issue, which is unusual for the title from what I've seen.  It pulls off the interesting trick of having the first part of the story being pre-code but the second half being code approved.

Strange_Adventures_054.jpg

On 6/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, OtherEric said:

Any idea why it's supposed to be hard to find?  I grabbed this copy at my LCS today.

Interestingly, there's a two-part story that started in the previous issue, which is unusual for the title from what I've seen.  It pulls off the interesting trick of having the first part of the story being pre-code but the second half being code approved.

Strange_Adventures_054.jpg

Well, there you go destroying my rarity scale...:whatthe:  But, I have heard of it's scarcity from several Strange Adventures collectors.  I read the issue, but didn't realize it had a continued story in it.  I guess I have to look again.  I do not own #53...(shrug)

11 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, there you go destroying my rarity scale...:whatthe:  But, I have heard of it's scarcity from several Strange Adventures collectors.  I read the issue, but didn't realize it had a continued story in it.  I guess I have to look again.  I do not own #53...(shrug)

Hey, sometimes people just get lucky finding books, it doesn't mean it isn't rare.  What little research I did shows that, if nothing else, sellers are willing to flag it as the rarest issue.

2 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Hey, sometimes people just get lucky finding books, it doesn't mean it isn't rare.  What little research I did shows that, if nothing else, sellers are willing to flag it as the rarest issue.

Probably because I mentioned it was rare in a post here.  lol

2 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Probably because I mentioned it was rare in a post here.  lol

Not even remotely impossible... although I think some of those sales predate this thread, to be fair.

And now, since I figure people are curious, here's the Pre-Code part 1 of that story I mentioned:

Strange_Adventures_053.jpg

531.jpg

532.jpg

533.jpg

534.jpg

535.jpg

536.jpg

I was immediately fond of this title when I got this book with a huge, disembodied hand. 

1395592857_StrangeAdventures110(CGC3.5)-front.thumb.jpg.35a97e46dfcced9a0506f556c23fc246.jpg

Which, of course, prompted me at the same time to get this unrelated title/issue for the huge, disembodied foot:

1477265099_AdventuresoftheFly10(CGC8.0)-front.thumb.jpg.29d5b5a2d2eb4a1de3356e32495d8792.jpg

I think the subconscious plan was to try to assemble a full body consisting of such huge, disembodied parts!   Perhaps some day.  

Edited by Pantodude

On 3/25/2020 at 11:51 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

=DC-StrangeAdv94-6.0.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv91-5.0.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv90-6.5.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv85-7.0.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv84-6.0.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv78-5.0.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv61-4.5.jpg

=DC-StrangeAdv64-4.0.jpg

I’m honestly in love with that cover from issue #94. I got barely outbid on a high grade raw copy on eBay not long ago, and it’s super rare in higher grade so was kinda bummed. I also have a very special copy coming back from CGC soon of #64. The new single highest graded copy.

Edited by LDarkseid1