• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

Just now, SLR5 said:

My favorite DC Science Fiction title.  I grew up reading them.  Great covers and great stories, too.  Never read science fiction books as a rule but I loved Strange Adventures and My Greatest Adventure.

Oh, really beautiful copies.  Congrats.  They're keepers.

8 hours ago, SLR5 said:

Oh, really beautiful copies.  Congrats.  They're keepers.

Thanks 🙏. I’m trying to put together a solid run to come into #2 on the CGC registry set list. I’m pretty close based off what I have left to send in to get graded. Gonna be tough to get close to or beat the #1 spot. That guy has an insane collection!

8 hours ago, SLR5 said:

My favorite DC Science Fiction title.  I grew up reading them.  Great covers and great stories, too.  Never read science fiction books as a rule but I loved Strange Adventures and My Greatest Adventure.

That’s awesome you experienced them as a kid. Some immaculately beautiful covers and unique stories to say the least. I think it’s cool DC brought Strange Adventures back out into the modern comic book reading world as well. I’ve been meaning to check them out.

Whats your favorite cover issue and favorite story issue?

On 3/26/2020 at 1:14 AM, The-Collector said:

Such a cool run. One of my favourites: 

strange adventures 21 FC.jpg

I took a stab at drawing the cover for my Youtube channel. Shameless plug-

Picked up some cheap copies of later Strange Adv in the last few months at my LCS.  I do not really look for Deadman issues, but when they are $4 or less I scoop them up...I have one more Golden Age issue on the way, but it's the holidays so who knows when that one will arrive.

50332187286_b6b79e6862_c.jpg

50674761317_978d6230a9_c.jpg

50674761227_efeb5f0e54_c.jpg

50674675181_7fff5227c6_c.jpg

50673930283_0a7486e3e5_c.jpg

On 12/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, RICK STARR said:

So many fantastic covers in this title. Couple of my favs.

1446251929_STRANGEADVT156.thumb.jpg.b8577f69b8c3edca66b4686ef85bd646.jpg

I could never get away with wearing a coat like that.  Has to be a solid color or I just can't pull it off.