• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

732 posts in this topic

And 161 is the last Space Museum story in Strange Adventures; after this it's mostly used in relation to Booster Gold's origin or the Legion of Super-Heroes.  But the concept has held on surprisingly solidly for such an offbeat Silver Age concept; it keeps popping up here and there.

The 204 is the last issue before Deadman starts; I don't want to call it the last classic issue, particularly since I think Deadman is arguably the title's finest hour.  But it's still definitely a turning point for the series.

Strange_Adventures_157.jpg

Strange_Adventures_161.jpg

Strange_Adventures_204.jpg

On 12/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, OtherEric said:

LCS pickup today; I've got a few more to scan & share that arrived during the emergency move that I'll get to soon:

Strange_Adventures_030.jpg

I really like this cover.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

‘Beautiful blonde.  Check

Giant ant.  Check

Dorky robot with antenna.  Check

13 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I really like this cover.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

‘Beautiful blonde.  Check

Giant ant.  Check

Dorky robot with antenna.  Check

That’s definitely quite the trifecta of comic book goodness 👌

Holy OtherEric.  Lately I've been renting a room to a friend of mine who owns the local comic shop and today he brought home a ton of DC comics from the 50's and 60's from one of his warehouses.  He's been collecting titles like Strange Adventures for years and just recently he's decided he doesn't care about them any more and wants to sell them at his store now.  I asked him if I could scan them for posterity before he sells them and he said "sure".  He's also letting me read them if I want as I bag and board them.  I also get first dibs if I want to buy any (I wish I could buy all of them.)  These are the ones I read today.

Strange Adventures #001.jpg

Strange Adventures #002.jpg

Strange Adventures #003.jpg

Strange Adventures #005.jpg

Strange Adventures #010.jpg

Skipping ahead to the back of the box (there's still a lot in the middle)...  He appears to have the entire Deadman saga.  I'm going to suggest to him that he bundle it and sell them at the store for $24.99.  Ha. Ha.  I'm sure he'd fall for that.  I already own the issues, but there's one that I'm going to definitely upgrade.

Strange Adventures #205.jpg

Strange Adventures #206.jpg

Strange Adventures #207.jpg

Strange Adventures #208.jpg

Strange Adventures #209.jpg

I'm definitely calling dibs on #215.  My copy sucks.  I actually do not own a copy of #217, but his appears to be high grade and I'm sure it will be expensive.  I forgot is it just reprints?  I'm scared to open it because it looks great.

Strange Adventures #213.jpg

Strange Adventures #214.jpg

Strange Adventures #215.jpg

Strange Adventures #216.jpg

Strange Adventures #217.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000