• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF19

20 posts in this topic

It's been awhile since I've posted a comic. I just received this today. Paid $30

Just noticed the tape on the back. Has some abrasion in the key. Comic is solid no loose staples or CF. Nice reader.

FF19.jpg

FF19b.jpg

I've used my standard scanning technique. 200dpi 4"width 50% compression using Epson Smart Panel Software. Does mine exhibit Fuzziness? And what are you drinking Diva? I just had a Corona W/Lime

insane.gif

It's been awhile since I've posted a comic. I just received this today. Paid $30

Just noticed the tape on the back. Has some abrasion in the key. Comic is solid no loose staples or CF. Nice reader.

I've used my standard scanning technique. 200dpi 4"width 50% compression using Epson Smart Panel Software. Does mine exhibit Fuzziness? And what are you drinking Diva? I just had a Corona W/Lime

insane.gif

Hey Clare,

It's funny you should say "Corona", because that's exactly what you have -- look closely at the red lettering on both covers - they exhibit a very light halo, or "corona" which I guarantee is not there in real life. Although better than MC's scans, they are by no means, exemplary sumo.gif

Btw, 4.0 easy sumo.gif That's tape? and not a cut-out 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Time to get out the ol' "tape removal kit" zen master 27_laughing.gif

stooges.gif

OK David a couple tests;

First scan is 300 dpi with 50% compression using Epson Smart Panel.

Second Scan. I went into configuration and noticed a gamma adjustment was defaulted on with 1.8 I shut it off and scanned at 200 dpi

FF19_300dpi.jpg

FF19_200dpi_gammaoff.jpg

Let me add that I think monitors make a difference. I have a top of the line 19" from ViewSonic Flat Panel and these halo's you're refering to are not there on my monitor. I do see just a hint of distortion though (which I prefer to call noise). Now I'm curious to see these scans posted.

PS I was more interested in scan quality then comic quality with this post; however, thanks for your input.

OK one more test as I'm not pleased yet.

This is scanned at 200 dpi I turned the 1.8 gamma back on and saved it with no compression. I then reopened it with Photoshop CS and saved it at compression 7 which is less compression than 5.

Nocomp2.jpg

File size is 241kb which works with photobucket.

The noise looks to be completely gone. What are your opinions?

boy, doesn't it look like the Thing has dropped a load in his shorts, or what?

i like the last one best. hard to say without having the book in hand to compare, tho

OK one more test as I'm not pleased yet.

This is scanned at 200 dpi I turned the 1.8 gamma back on and saved it with no compression. I then reopened it with Photoshop CS and saved it at compression 7 which is less compression than 5.

Nocomp2.jpg

File size is 241kb which works with photobucket.

The noise looks to be completely gone. What are your opinions?

This is the one to go with - no corona, no noise.

Monitor-schmonitor whaddya think I'm using an Aptiva 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

stooges.gif

It's funny you should say "Corona", because that's exactly what you have -- look closely at the red lettering on both covers - they exhibit a very light halo, or "corona" which I guarantee is not there in real life.

foreheadslap.gif Take it easy professor.....

Diva, got any more nice Miller DD's like ya usta?

BTW, solid 4.5

It's funny you should say "Corona", because that's exactly what you have -- look closely at the red lettering on both covers - they exhibit a very light halo, or "corona" which I guarantee is not there in real life.

BTW, solid 4.5

Yep, but only Death of E and after, through #191 - which ones you lookin' for? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, solid 4.5

i'm thinking 4.5 as well................